You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth 4 Liverpool 3 (Dec 4 2016)

tlw content

bournemouthreport1.jpg

I really hoped this kind of spineless collapse was behind us and that we were made of sterner stuff now. Guess I was wrong. Dress it up however you like, call it a blip, blame the keeper if it makes it easier to stomach the result, but when you concede four goals in one half to Bournemouth.. fucking BOURNEMOUTH…. it points to something more underlying, especially as it's not like we haven't seen this kind of capitulation before. 

We didn’t lose this because of the keeper. It wasn’t because of Lovren turning back the clock to two years ago either. It wasn’t because the midfield didn’t provide enough protection for the defence and it wasn’t because we didn’t have Coutinho or Matip. All of that played a part, but the reason this got away from us was because the players simply stopped doing the things that had put them in such a commanding position and that allowed Bournemouth to find hope where there had previously been only hopelessness. 

Bournemouth were dead and buried, but then we not only dug up their corpse and gave it the kiss of life, we jumped in the empty grave and covered ourselves with soil. It was fucking ridiculous. A mate said when it was 2-0 that he didn’t think it was over, but that “the only team that can beat us is ourselves”. Turns out that was bang on the money. Bournemouth didn’t beat us, we did that for them. Credit to them for not giving up I suppose, but like I said, we basically picked them off the floor, dusted them down, stuck our chin out and begged them to stick one on us. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

Two things i thought of today

Not saying he is the cause or anything but we've conceded a bucket load when Lallana has been on the pitch this season.

In the last 30 minutes, Wijnaldum out of position is the only change to last season's players who were mad capable of a performance like that

TBH, the answer to all our woes is simple. We still have left over shite from br, and it will take JK a little while longer to get shot of them.

Plus, the sooner spineless henderson is removed as captain the better.

Milner all the way for me, at least he gives a shit and tries to make the best of a fucked up team to play alongside. 

We are so close to having it all, but we are still stuck with just under half of a squad willing and able to make it happen.

Spot on report that,after it got to 2-0 mane played like he didn't give a fuck and origi looked like I've got my goal job done,as you rightly said we are in a fuck'n title race!! Having said that I don't think there's a team in the history of football who have won a title with a goalie as unconvincing as this fella

Spot on report that,after it got to 2-0 mane played like he didn't give a fuck and origi looked like I've got my goal job done,as you rightly said we are in a fuck'n title race!! Having said that I don't think there's a team in the history of football who have won a title with a goalie as unconvincing as this fella

Man Utd won a title picking between Taibi, Bosnich and Van Der Gouw.

Could have done with that league cup game being this midweek really just to have something virtually straight away to try and get that horrible second half out of the system instead of having a week to dwell over it.

In theory West Ham should be a good team to take it out on at Anfield (they looked absolutely shambolic defensively against Arsenal) but football rarely seems to be that straightforward and I'm no longer sure if we're anywhere near as good as I thought we were. Time will tell if this was just a one off return to bad old habits or this sort of mental weakness is ingrained into the squad.

• Upvote 1

You obviously never saw Gary sprake at leeds then!

The pattern of goals going in in this game mirrored when we beat Dortmund last year. Away side go in 2-0 up at half time, have a 3-1 lead in the second half and contrive to lose 4-3 in stoppage time.

that was supposed to be the bookend for the palace 4-3 in 1990. The beginning of the end v the new beginning.

long winning or at least unbeaten runs bring success and the sooner we get on another one the more likely we are to win something this season.

TBH, the answer to all our woes is simple. We still have left over shite from br, and it will take JK a little while longer to get shot of them.

Plus, the sooner spineless henderson is removed as captain the better.

Milner all the way for me, at least he gives a shit and tries to make the best of a fucked up team to play alongside.

We are so close to having it all, but we are still stuck with just under half of a squad willing and able to make it happen.

Henderson was on a booking so the reason he stayed on pitch was the manager allowing him to. That one's on Klopp. Klopp isn't infallible but he had a stinker with the subs in my opinion.

Totally agree, we gave the clear impression that we thought we'd won the game at 2-0 (and again at 3-1) and that allowed Bournemouth back in. Don't understand the complacency from the players - maybe because we were just so dominant that they didn't think Bournemouth could get back in to the game (or if they did we could easily score another). Perhaps they feel 20-30 minute high intensity bursts are sufficient (or all they are capable of). I don't know, but I do know that we should have comfortably won that game and I am thoroughly pissed off with the players for letting that one slip.

In saying all of that how can I be so pissed at a team that, over the season thus far, is far outperforming any expectations I had of them before the season started. I mean 3rd, 30 points out of 42, an upcoming cup semi, with some fantastic wins and entertainment along the way. I'm putting this down to the learning process as Klopp suggested. He won't stand for the slapdash lackadaisical attitude displayed by the players once they thought the job was done.

• Upvote 3

Highlight of a memorable match for me was when Stanislas got stretchered off with that looked like an almost fatal erection.  There was just no blood left in his legs to carry him up and down the field anymore.  

A bite from a Brazilian wandering spider can cause long-lasting and painful erections, which is the obvious explanation. Erections resulting from the bite are uncomfortable, can last for many hours and can lead to impotence.

The question is why? From an evolutionary perspective what advantage does this bestow on the spider?

• Upvote 2

A bite from a Brazilian wandering spider can cause long-lasting and painful erections, which is the obvious explanation. Erections resulting from the bite are uncomfortable, can last for many hours and can lead to impotence.

The question is why? From an evolutionary perspective what advantage does this bestow on the spider?

I reckon it bestows the advantage of the spider enjoying some top, top banter with its spider friends as it looks down on the stricken victim.