You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who are the best live act you've ever seen

Bjornebye

Rammstein.

A dramatic walk on through the crowd.

Pyrotechnics and fire a plenty.

Lead singer Till simulating butt fucking Flake the keyboard player with a massive strap on.

Flake crowd surfing in a rubber dinghy

Flake in a giant cauldron getting cooked by Till firing a flame thrower at him.

And huge cock spraying the crowd with foamy cum.

And the whole band kneeling to the crowd at the end. Fantastic show.

• Upvote 1

I really like Echo & The Bunnymen, but I though Ian McCulloch was turd, when I saw them live.

I'm not into Chas & Dave at all, but a lad who I was mates with, when I lived in London, loved them. We saw them live at the 100 club in Oxford Street and I have to say, they were very good.

Meatloaf was boss.

Slayer - flawless. Dave Lombardo plays everything live as he does on record, no missed beats, no let up on the double bass drums, an absolute monster of speed, power and precision. The anti-Lars

Faithless @V2000

Wasn't the least bit interested in seeing them not my style at all, but my wife insisted.

They were amazing, would deffo pay to see them again

Rammstein.

A dramatic walk on through the crowd.

Pyrotechnics and fire a plenty.

Lead singer Till simulating butt fucking Flake the keyboard player with a massive strap on.

Flake crowd surfing in a rubber dinghy

Flake in a giant cauldron getting cooked by Till firing a flame thrower at him.

And huge cock spraying the crowd with foamy cum.

And the whole band kneeling to the crowd at the end. Fantastic show.

That's entertainment right there.

• Upvote 1

For me, in no particular order:

The Pogues - seen them 4 or 5 times, the first time was the Christmas tour 2005, managing to get absolutely legless despite only being 16 years old, the second managing to lose my wallet and phone, my keys and my dignity (ripping my jeans from the ankle all the way up to the knee, missing my train home and having to ask passers by for the best way back to Liverpool) and another time Shane passing out on stage and the whole band having to stop playing to make sure he was alright. Bloody miss those gigs, if they decided to start playing again I would be the first to get a ticket.

Leonard Cohen - alluded to the time I saw him live in the recent thread following his passing, emotional scenes.

Neutral Milk Hotel - Primavera festival in Porto, the band having reformed after 10 years apart after Jeff Mangum sort of went into a bit of a recluse, I'd convinced myself that I'd never get the chance to see them live so this was something else.

In no order:

The Prodigy - Reading 2002

The Pogues - Cardiff 2005 (Dropkick Murphys supporting)

Arcade Fire - Cardiff 2007

The Living End - London 2012 (I think)

Rancid - Astoria farewell show

and a couple that are/were always ace:

The Bouncing Souls

Adequate Seven

Any Frank Carter (Gallows, Pure Love, Rattlesnakes)

Any Ginger (Wildhearts etc)

Man... Astoria dead, TJs dead and Exeter Cavern burnt out earlier this year... guess it's all festivals and arenas these days, running out of places for new scenes to take root.