You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - 4:30pm, 11/12/16 - Nail 'em up I say! Naaiiilll some sense into 'em!

Trumo

Klopp was well entitled to gee up the crowd. A certain resignation that it wasn't our day was sweeping round the ground as it fell flat. Klopp wasn't having it, he stoked it up, the crowd got going, the team got going and we won the three points. Good stuff.

As for the West Ham game, it could be tricky. They have players coming back and they need points themselves. They seem to play with a lot of weight on their shoulders at home, so they might come and give us a real game.

On our end we should see a reaction to falling apart against Bournemouth. If we do I expect us to win well. Hopefully Matip will be back in as he's such an important player. I'd like to see 433 with:

Karius

Clyne

Matip

Lovren

Milner

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Mane

Origi

Firmino

Well, Rev, how exactly do you match the first paragraph up with this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qGwRK18iGW4

• Upvote 1

Klopp's dead right to have a go and challenge the support. It's your decision to pay that money, there are hundreds of thousands of people who would happily take your place. Support in Anfield is a fucking joke these days people In the main stand recording the minute silence for the plane crashs in Brasil before the Leeds game. The groaning, the over reactions, locals are the worst. How is it helpful to get on a players back? I absolutely loved what Klopp did against Sunderland and I hope he won't be forced to do that too often.

Well, Rev, how exactly do you match the first paragraph up with this:

First off, I repped you for the Shanks video. Great man. He laid the foundation. Probably finished too soon, but who can argue with what Paisley went on to do?

Beyond that, the main point I'd make is that we are living in a different era now. There's a very real sense in which the world has gone mad, and the likes of a £5B tv contract, and all the money swashing around the game for players, managers, agents and so on, would have been anathema to Shanks.

With that said, I still see similarities between Klopp and some of our best managers, including Shanks. The steely determination, the oft repeated mantra about hard work and training, the never say die attitude, the sharp wit, the class shown as a human being, the obvious humility... it's all there. And as a club I can see how we are trying to keep in touch with some core values that served us so well before, including the idea that we won't give young players too much too soon. The £40k thing with the youth players is a big risk, but I get the sense that Shanks would nod in approval.

I'm not sure if Shanks would have gesticulated to get the crowd going, but it must be remembered that since his day there's been more of a gentrification that has happened in the game - not to everyone, of course, but it is true that a lot of the type of fans who went in Shanks' day have now been priced out. So, I'm not sure that Shanks would have needed to gesticulate to get the crowd going, but I'm under no doubt whatsoever that Shanks understood the power of the crowd, and in his own way he was quite adept at working the crowd, often with one liners and a great turn of phrase, to further the aims and ambitions of Liverpool Football Club.

Klopp has a long long way to go at Liverpool to be compared with some of the great managers we've had, and I for one hope he is here long enough to have a chance to be compared. On impressions so far I do see some similarities.

• Upvote 2

First off, I repped you for the Shanks video. Great man. He laid the foundation. Probably finished too soon, but who can argue with what Paisley went on to do?

Beyond that, the main point I'd make is that we are living in a different era now. There's a very real sense in which the world has gone mad, and the likes of a £5B tv contract, and all the money swashing around the game for players, managers, agents and so on, would have been anathema to Shanks.

With that said, I still see similarities between Klopp and some of our best managers, including Shanks. The steely determination, the oft repeated mantra about hard work and training, the never say die attitude, the sharp wit, the class shown as a human being, the obvious humility... it's all there. And as a club I can see how we are trying to keep in touch with some core values that served us so well before, including the idea that we won't give young players too much too soon. The £40k thing with the youth players is a big risk, but I get the sense that Shanks would nod in approval.

I'm not sure if Shanks would have gesticulated to get the crowd going, but it must be remembered that since his day there's been more of a gentrification that has happened in the game - not to everyone, of course, but it is true that a lot of the type of fans who went in Shanks' day have now been priced out. So, I'm not sure that Shanks would have needed to gesticulate to get the crowd going, but I'm under no doubt whatsoever that Shanks understood the power of the crowd, and in his own way he was quite adept at working the crowd, often with one liners and a great turn of phrase, to further the aims and ambitions of Liverpool Football Club.

Klopp has a long long way to go at Liverpool to be compared with some of the great managers we've had, and I for one hope he is here long enough to have a chance to be compared. On impressions so far I do see some similarities.

• Upvote 1

Repped for being consistently the most level headed, rational and articulate point of view on anything on TLW. Just lacking that wee bit of calling everyone a cunt to make you TLWorld Class.
  • Upvote 5