You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An evening with Sami Hyypia

Kevin D

Next Saturday night at Anfield, there is a charity event with Sami. He's going to give an interview, then all the people who have paid get to ask him a question.

I will be going with a group. Sami is everybody's favourite player, so none of us have been able to think of decent questions.

If you think of a good question, stick it in this thread, I will ask him next week and post his answer on here.

• Upvote 1

Who did he prefer playing alongside at the centre of defence? 

Who was the hardest forward player he came up against? 

Ta.

The second would surely have to be Drogba, wouldn't it?

I don't like admitting it, but in the same way Henry had Carragher's number, Drogba always seemed to get a bit of joy out of Sami.

Guest Pistonbroke

The second would surely have to be Drogba, wouldn't it?

I don't like admitting it, but in the same way Henry had Carragher's number, Drogba always seemed to get a bit of joy out of Sami.

Drogba is a good shout, Hypia wasn't blessed with pace but read the game outstandingly. Drogba made it difficult as he had a bit of pace and was very physical with it. He was certainly one of our Nemesis's. Henry and Lampard also scored quite a few against us, as did Cole, but he was mostly doing it before Hypia's time. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Why not it's a valid question.

He's probably sick of the usual tripe about best player he's played with, etc

Read his answer again mate. 

Why not it's a valid question.

He's probably sick of the usual tripe about best player he's played with, etc

Because Sami is my favourite player.

I can't say, "Remember how you were the captain, lead us to quite a few trophies, then Houllier gave Gerrard the captaincy, because he was having one of his three annaul bitchfits about moving to Chelsea."

He'd have to either criticise the way Gerrard used to be, or a very good Liverpool manager. I would not want to put him in that position.

Drogba is a good shout, Hypia wasn't blessed with pace but read the game outstandingly. Drogba made it difficult as he had a bit of pace and was very physical with it. He was certainly one of our Nemesis's. Henry and Lampard also scored quite a few against us, as did Cole, but he was mostly doing it before Hypia's time.

When Drobga turned it on, he was awfully difficult to stop.

Just, too big, too strong and too explosive. I think it was knocking us out of the Uefa cup for Marseille, that got him his Chelsea move.