You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phobias

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, A Red said:

Pot holing. I can't imagine crawling through a hole a 100ft underground. 

I went to visit the Vietcong tunnels in South Vietnam and you can go down them and see how they lived. Fuck that.

Yep. Remember 999 the programme in the 90s? I remember seeing a reconstruction of some girl who did them underwater cave dives but went too far down and into a cave nobody knew about and got trapped. I’m still horrified to this day. 

Heights for me. Pretty standard.

I may have discussed this before, but when I was young I had to climb a pole and jump off onto a trapeze bar. Was at one of those outward bound courses.

To this day its the only time my legs have had a mind of their own and my knees started knocking together. Much to the delight of the other kids.

I have issues with things that are too big or too small. As horrible as it is, I panic a bit when I see a little person, ie a midget. They just unsettle me, their proportions are all wrong and the idea of one running full steam ahead at me fills me with dread. I'm aware this is completely ableist and awful. 

On the other end of the scale, blue fucking whales. What are they all about? What right does anything have to be as large as that? Imagine that fucking swimming at your fixing you with it's cold, dead eyes, cavernous mouth with it's krill-filter horrible white string bits opening. The Japanese have the right idea. 

24 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I have issues with things that are too big or too small. As horrible as it is, I panic a bit when I see a little person, ie a midget. They just unsettle me, their proportions are all wrong and the idea of one running full steam ahead at me fills me with dread. I'm aware this is completely ableist and awful. 

On the other end of the scale, blue fucking whales. What are they all about? What right does anything have to be as large as that? Imagine that fucking swimming at your fixing you with it's cold, dead eyes, cavernous mouth with it's krill-filter horrible white string bits opening. The Japanese have the right idea. 

Paulie on his last night out

9k=(5).jpg

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Honestly wouldn't touch one. 

I've a mate who is phobic about kidney beans. 

I sat next to a black dwarf on the train once.  It was the first black dwarf I’ve ever seen and I’ve never seen one since.   

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

When I was 3 in the mid 60's my Mum was shopping in Kenny and called into Cousin's cake shop.

There was one in there and I shouted "Look Mum, a Diddyman". As my Mum's trying to apologise, I'm dancing around him singing "We are the Diddymen, Doddy, Doddy''s Diddymen" and wouldn't shut up.

I don't remember this at all, but alas it's true.

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

When I was 3 in the mid 60's my Mum was shopping in Kenny and called into Cousin's cake shop.

There was one in there and I shouted "Look Mum, a Diddyman". As my Mum's trying to apologise, I'm dancing around him singing "We are the Diddymen, Doddy, Doddy''s Diddymen" and wouldn't shut up.

I don't remember this at all, but alas it's true.

Out of the mouth of babes, as they say!