You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

He will be our Maldini.  This is just the start, like Batman Begins but he's not actually Batman. 

I’m at least 80% sure there’s a youth team thread where I comment that Trent is going to be great. Might see if I can bump it and laugh at everyone who thought Jack Dunn was the next Gerrard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

I’m at least 80% sure there’s a youth team thread where I comment that Trent is going to be great. Might see if I can bump it and laugh at everyone who thought Jack Dunn was the next Gerrard.

What the fuck are you waiting for?  This is the best day of my life.

He still gets caught out on occasion but when you look back, the rate of improvement to all facets of his game is something else. I think I’ve critiqued some of his performances without fully taking into account just how young he is; it’s almost inconceivable that a player with so few senior appearances contributes what he does already. I completely supported putting Gomez in his place for the first leg at Barcelona, but I don’t think it’s a change we'll be seeing too frequently.

TIA:

Ability-wise, Trent is very evidently on the path to being considered one of the best around, too.

There’s more to come in terms of consistency, perhaps defensive positioning and technical defensive work, but his selflessness, pace and stamina all ensure he rarely shirks his duties off the ball.

uh-oh-gif-6.gif

20 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

He still gets caught out on occasion but when you look back, the rate of improvement to all facets of his game is something else. I think I’ve critiqued some of his performances without fully taking into account just how young he is; it’s almost inconceivable that a player with so few senior appearances contributes what he does already. I completely supported putting Gomez in his place for the first leg at Barcelona, but I don’t think it’s a change we'll be seeing too frequently.

Shocked I am shocked. 

On 06/06/2019 at 12:12, Jose Jones said:

I defo picked him out once at least. And I don’t know anything.

• 1 month later...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/story-behind-new-liverpool-fc-16648607

0_JS188785123.jpg

The mural was arranged by The Anfield Wrap , a Liverpool FC fan podcast with subscribers in over 80 countries, as a way to commemorate an incredible season - and to inspire other youngsters. 

John Gibbons, host at The Anfield Wrap , explained why they chose Trent to immortalise number six. 

He told the ECHO : "The Champions League final win was monumental for us all. Players, football club and supporters. But at The Anfield Wrap we kept thinking about Trent Alexander Arnold. 

"The 20 year old lad from West Derby who had just started his second champions league final and lifted his first European Cup. 

"How a lad so talented can come across so humble, how he already looks to do so much for the community he comes from , how so much is put on his young shoulders? And yet instead of shrinking he grows. 

"We hope everyone enjoys the mural. Those who live in the city and those who visit it. But especially we hope it inspires the young people who see it, for whom Trent is an inspiration and a role model. As Trenthimself said - he's just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dreams came true."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...