You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) - EFL Cup, 7:45pm, 29/11/16 - Send 'em to Elland back.

Trumo

Honking jobbies. 5 teams I despise in this world in this order:

1. r*ngers

2. chelsea

3. man utd

4. leeds

5. birmingham city 

dishonourable mention for them scummer southampton cunts. Oh and exeter city. and Hearts. Lash arsenal in there too. and millwall. and alan pardew. 

What kind of lineup we going to see here, then?

I know Jurgen likes to play the first-choice boys as much as he possibly can but I reckon this injury crisis is going to test that idea.  Assuming Sturridge is fit maybe it'll be him, Mane and Divock up front?  Or could he go 4-4-2 with Sturridge and Divock up front and a diamond of Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum/Grujic behind them?

Been ages since we played this lot - the last time was in this competition at the fag end of Rafa's reign. Just try to play with intensity and purpose as we largely have been.

I went the game at Elland Road and my abiding memory is Dossena - looking fatter than me - getting ripped to shreds over and over again by Snodgrass.

• Upvote 1

An old school fixture under lights- its going to be a fabuous occasion.

Klipperty needs to take this one seriously, as a competition win guarantees Euro football next season.

I can't wait.

Maiden breathless post-match report of this season?

It's the only reason the likes of me get up in the morning, so it's the fucking least you can do.

• Upvote 1

We're getting a bit thin on the ground up front with Sturridge out, Ings out, Lallana out, Coutinho (presumably) out, and Firmino carrying a knock after getting kicked on the calf today.

Arguably Origi is going to be a bit more important for us in the league for a little while, at least until the others get fit. If everyone was fighting fit this is the sort of game that is perfect for Origi and Sturridge, just as Spurs were in the last round. But now I'm not so sure as we will need Origi in the league.

I haven't got a clue what team we will play. Mignolet, Moreno, Lucas. Likely. I'd also like to see Grujic start, assuming he's not injured. Is Ojo fit? Stewart and Ejaria should probably play too.

All of a sudden, with a few injuries and knocks our attacking resources are looking a bit stretched. We look like we need a signing or two to help it along.

Can't help but agree with Grinch.  I'd be looking to give 2-3 of the fringe players a chance, maybe a youngster off the bench, but that's as far as I'd go.  Good chance at a trophy, this.

For sure I'd start Klavan, Grujic, and Origi.  Beyond that, I'd try to go with the strongest team available, whatever that is (not sure of Sturridge/Firmino's fitness).  Put a few kids on the bench (Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn, Ojo) and if we get a three goal lead then one or two can come in.