Quantcast
Rest in Power Fidel Castro - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Hades

Rest in Power Fidel Castro

Castro: "I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I liked it when Carter tried to take him on and Castro emptied his prisons and mental asylums into Florida as a hilarious practical joke. Much funnier than exploding cigars

• Upvote 2

In 2014 Cuba led the effort to control the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone while the West argued about border controls. 

50,000 Cuban-trained health workers are spread across 66 countries. 

Cuba provided the largest medical contingent after the Haiti earthquakes in 2010. 

While the West seeks to enslave poorer nations in debt and capitalist greed, Cuba helps them through sheer generosity. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

In 2014 Cuba led the effort to control the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone while the West argued about border controls. 

Cuba provided the largest medical contingent after the Haiti earthquakes in 2010. 

While the West seeks to enslave poorer nations in debt and capitalist greed, Cuba helps them through sheer generosity.

Castro's revolutionary spirit and social(education and health) policies are all worthy of considerably praise.

Having said that, the missile crisis was the single most dangerous moment in world history and one could very generously describe Castro as a belligerent in the situation.

Remember, capitalism intrinsically cannot ever solve poverty. The instant there is capitalist overproduction, it threatens the existence of the wealthy and is scaled back.

THE RICH RELY ON THERE BEING A POOR CLASS TO EXIST.

Doesn't make you any less of a cunt though.

Remember, capitalism intrinsically cannot ever solve poverty. The instant there is capitalist overproduction, it threatens the existence of the wealthy and is scaled back.

THE RICH RELY ON THERE BEING A POOR CLASS TO EXIST.

He's gone, get over it.

As long as I'm a cunt to your ilk and not the oppressed I'm satisfied.

I was talking to the oppressed yesterday over a nice bowl of gruel and I've got some bad news mate

I will use this opportunity to nominate Liam Neeson to play him in all future movies and express my total disbelief this has not happened already.

Whatever you think about Castro, a lot of that great music survived largely unspoiled thanks to him and American sanctions.  

His speeches will be sorely missed.

Free health care is brilliant, but do we totally discount all the people living in abject poverty? People he was happy to disregard so he could push the public face of caring by sending out thousands of medical professionals to other parts of the world? A country so reliant on, was it Venezuela, that when the had their downtown Cuba was plunged into literal darkness? Now China props them up.

I'm not sure "more of him" is the answer. But he also did good, so less of him might not be the answer either.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of what he made have done wrong (name one leader who has gotten everything right), he was right about capitalism. It's a curse that has brought nothing but suffering to the world and possibly extinction eventually via climate change.

• Upvote 1

15181429_1221352311291556_83431146048121

A leader who valued people's health and education above the ability of corporations to flog their toxic shite.

In a sane world, that wouldn't mark him out as anything special.

• Upvote 2

Free health care is brilliant, but do we totally discount all the people living in abject poverty? People he was happy to disregard so he could push the public face of caring by sending out thousands of medical professionals to other parts of the world? A country so reliant on, was it Venezuela, that when the had their downtown Cuba was plunged into literal darkness? Now China props them up.

I'm not sure "more of him" is the answer. But he also did good, so less of him might not be the answer either.

Imagine wanting to solve actual problems around the world rather than working to market junk food and toys to kids. 

• Upvote 1