You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best player he ever played with? Luis Suarez. Those two must be the two best players to have played in the Premier League and never won it.

There's been a few. The likes of Bale, Gascoigne, Le Tissier, Zola.

Which makes it more apparent that there's still an obsession with Gerrard by some, as they only bring up his failure to win a league as part of their argument that he's not a true great of the game.

Which is, of course, unadulterated nonsense.

Best player he ever played with? Luis Suarez. Those two must be the two best players to have played in the Premier League and never won it.

Agreed but his best partnership was with Torres. Fuck me they were telepathic. That Torres flick for Gerrard to score in the derby was beyond belief.
  • Upvote 1

A good decision and expect him now to join our coaching staff, It ends any ambiguity and removes the need for Klopp to keep fending off questions about whether we can expect to see Steven on the pitch again, 

He gave his all for us in that 2014 title bid and I don't think any true fan holds that fateful slip against him for one minute. My lasting memories of Stevie that season where the team huddles where he got them all fired up and a miserable February night at Fulham where we had made loads of errors and stood 2-2 until the 91st minute when he calmly stepped up and slotted a clutch pen,    

Good interview that. Credit to Stevie for the self awareness at the end of his playing career. I think he timed it just about perfectly. Obviously he can still play, but he knows he's not what he once was, so it's time to hang up the boots.

I think he'll do the rest of the season as a pundit, work on his badges, and then come back in a formal role at Liverpool next season. If and when that happens, it will be interesting to see if he is involved with the first team or not.

Anyway, great player. Thanks for everything Stevie, and all the best.

Second only to Kenny for me an absolutely brilliant player who scored some fantastic goals at crucial times for us .

Would have loved to see him play under Klopp to see how he would have used him

He would have been immense under Klopp. As would Suarez. Let's hope the latter doesn't happen anytime soon
  • Upvote 2