You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Stewart - abused by football coach

HolyHank

Guest Pistonbroke

Clubs paying victims to keep their mouths shut should be relegated at the very least, that's a fucking disgrace that.

If that was Liverpool, I would personally knock watching Football on the head. I can't get over a club doing that at all, beyond shameful.

It's illegal is what it is, the Footballing authorities shouldn't even have a say in it, the courts should. 

But the footballing bodies around the World think they are above the law and in many cases they just get away with internal investigations. 

I can't honestly recall Arl Arse.

Best thing would be for folks who know how to use the internet that wasn't available at the time to do some digging, I imagine. I wouldn't like to think that some FA 'suit's' made an opportune profit.

Lifetime Fan usually has this covered, I'm sure it was shares in a company that supplied the plastic for seats in stadiums.

Best thing would be for folks who know how to use the internet that wasn't available at the time to do some digging, I imagine. I wouldn't like to think that some FA 'suit's' made an opportune profit.

lifetime fan, on 20 Feb 2009 - 2:38 PM, said:

I've posted this a few times and no one has ever responded. The initial Taylor report made no reference to all seater stadia whatsoever.

When those corrupt cunts at the FA, Sir Bert Millichip and Graham kelly read the initial report they both 'suggested' to Lord Chief Justice Taylor that maybe stadiums should be all seater only.

This is the same Sir Bert Millichip and Graham Kelly who held a vast number of shares in a failing plastics company that was about to go into administration. Following the release of the Taylor report suprise so-fucking-prise this plastics company was awarded the contract to supply and fit Wembley with all their plastic seats. They then went on to supply and fit the seats for over 80% of stadia in the top two divisions.

As a result of this, the two 'honourable gentlemen' at the top of the FA earned nearly a million pound each in blood money.

Fucking cunts. And bollocks to the alledgedly shite, I'd be fucking made up if someone wanted to challenge this.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

They won't relegate any teams involved in this, as it did when they paid this hush money, that money talks. As sad as it might be there could be too many "big" clubs involved for this to happen.

What about UEFA banning them from European football? I won't hold my breath, but you never know. 

I agree mate that something needs doing but the big clubs just won't have it, it would cost the Premier League and the FA more financially by relegating them and UEFA are easily bought.

Even if it turns out that we're implicated somehow I'd feel the same, being banned from Europe would be the more likely scenario but like you said I wouldn't hold my breath, unfortunately it'll all forgotten about in a few months when another scandal breaks.

Guest Pistonbroke

I agree mate that something needs doing but the big clubs just won't have it, it would cost the Premier League and the FA more financially by relegating them and UEFA are easily bought.

Even if it turns out that we're implicated somehow I'd feel the same, being banned from Europe would be the more likely scenario but like you said I wouldn't hold my breath, unfortunately it'll all forgotten about in a few months when another scandal breaks.

We'll have to wait and see mate, this is a pretty big shitstorm, especially coming off the back of Saville and his buddies. Maybe's the powers that be will use the clubs as an excuse to hammer them and in doing so satisfy the public demand about what should have happened with the Saville affair. 

We'll have to wait and see mate, this is a pretty big shitstorm, especially coming off the back of Saville and his buddies. Maybe's the powers that be will use the clubs as an excuse to hammer them and in doing so satisfy the public demand about what should have happened with the Saville affair.

I'm sorry to say but I just don't see it resonating in the wider population in the way that Savile did. Everyone knew Savile, there he was in plain sight, and I think that played a huge part in the reaction to what he did.

Its probably the majority of the population has a pretty jaded view of football and those who have come forward, for the most part, are not household names.

And as for UEFA, if they're paying any attention at all, will likely recognise that this is not just a British problem but is likely to have parallels in every country.

The element that does need to change is football's ability to regulate itself. Clubs should be required to report child protection concerns to the Police at the earliest stage for them to investigate

lifetime fan, on 20 Feb 2009 - 2:38 PM, said:

I've posted this a few times and no one has ever responded. The initial Taylor report made no reference to all seater stadia whatsoever.

When those corrupt cunts at the FA, Sir Bert Millichip and Graham kelly read the initial report they both 'suggested' to Lord Chief Justice Taylor that maybe stadiums should be all seater only.

This is the same Sir Bert Millichip and Graham Kelly who held a vast number of shares in a failing plastics company that was about to go into administration. Following the release of the Taylor report suprise so-fucking-prise this plastics company was awarded the contract to supply and fit Wembley with all their plastic seats. They then went on to supply and fit the seats for over 80% of stadia in the top two divisions.

As a result of this, the two 'honourable gentlemen' at the top of the FA earned nearly a million pound each in blood money.

Fucking cunts. And bollocks to the alledgedly shite, I'd be fucking made up if someone wanted to challenge this.

The all seater argument was constantly pushed by 'Chinny' Hill every week for years on MOTD despite the Bradford fire disaster too. It was almost as if he,or his friends,had shares in it!

• Upvote 1

Sloppy faced bung taking cunt weighing in with his two penny's worth.

Defending Laurie Mcmenemie.

Remember that media twat defending people when the BBC scandal broke. Grey haired spin doctor. Reminds me of that.

I had my avatar as Paul Stewart for years as a piss take. Thought he was a bottler. He has more courage than I ever will.

He's as thick as pig shit, isn't he?

We all eard ve rumours but it weren't naffink to do wiv me

This is a man who claimed he wasn't trying to hide anything by having payments made into a Swiss bank account in his dogs name that he didn't declare as taxable income.

One suspects he's the kind of person who wouldn't give a flying fuck even if he knew for certain it was going on as long as it didn't affect his bank balance.

In fact based on his usual levels of honesty I choose to read his remarks as "I knew all about it but didn't give a fuck as it didn't affect me". 

Which it appears is true of most of the clubs who are involved in this.

Money and success trumps everything else, just like it being swept under the carpet when MPs got accused of it (which has completely disappeared as a news story entirely) or when it was all ignored at the BBC. 

Bunch of self serving cunts letting people suffer so they can get along.

The FA at best will do some kind of pathetic scapegoating of one or two clubs and declare the issue solved.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He's also saying Higgins used to make them have 'hairy bum competitions'.

What the fuck is a 'hairy bum competition'?

Hopefully he clears this up on Sky Sports News on Saturday.

I'm not sure I want to know mate. Obviously some perverse shit which turned the paedophile bastard on. The mind fucking boggles. 

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exceltic-coach-admits-sexually-abusing-young-footballers-including-an-irish-player-35275608.html

Ex-Celtic coach admits sexually abusing young footballers including an Irish player  
Laura Larkin

PUBLISHED07/12/2016 | 10:22

• 3COMMENTS

•  
jimmcafff.jpg1Jim McCafferty

AN ex-Celtic football coach living in Belfast has admitted abusing young teens in his care, including an Irish player.

•  
  • GO TO
    •  

Jim McCafferty (71) who now lives in Belfast told the Irish Mirror he was sorry for his crimes. 

The former youth coach’s victims included several young players in his care, including a 15-year-old from Dublin.

McCafferty worked at several clubs including Armadale Thistle and Fauldhouse, before joining Celtic as a scout, where he was also involved with the youth team .

“I understand it was wrong. I was wrong and I did wrong and I’m sorry.

“I have remorse. I know if I’m found guilty I will have to serve my time and I’ve said to myself that’s what I’ll have to pay back for what I’ve done,” he said.

“I’m OK with that. I hope it will cleanse my soul.”

McCafferty admitted to sexual assault of the boys but not rape.

He said: “I was getting a bit of fun and I suppose enjoyment.

“I feel bad that I was involved in it. But at the time I was thinking to myself, if they didn’t want to be involved in it nobody forced them,” he said.

He recalled abusing the boys as a means to “toughen them up”.

“I took advantage of one boy. He needed a bit of life about him. It wasn’t sexual at that time. There was a lot of fondling and fun,” he said.

He confessed to joining the boys in the showers after games and said he knew at the time that it was wrong .

“Back then it was normal, run of the mill stuff, just playing the game. After a home win the excitement would be heightened,” he said.

One of McCaffery’s victims told the newspaper about an incident where boot polish was rubbed on his private parts by the coach. McCafferty did not recall the incident but said there was a “possibility” that it happened.

The victim, who is now aged 47, said he was abused by the coach around a dozen times as a 15-year-old when he met him through youth football.

The footballer was playing for a boys' team in Motherwell in Scotland and McCafferty brought him to games to watch his own side play and would abuse him on the way home, in his mini-bus.

Then he would say: "I'm not doing any harm - I just want to touch you a wee bit. I'm just playing, having a bit of fun. Don't be scared."

"I wanted an empty seat between us but he'd pull me over and say, 'Sit in the middle, I need to talk to you.' "When you're young, you just don't know. You're bullied. It was just devastating," he said. 

The abuse has lead to an alcohol problem and has had  a”profound” effect on his life he said.

But he has now made a report to Scottish police about the  abuse. 

Online Editors