You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would you do with Stevie if he returns?

Paulie Dangerously

What would you do with Stevie?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should he be?

• Player only
    • Player and Coach for the 1st team
    • 1st team Coaching staff only
    • Youth team coach and mentor only
    • None coaching role e.g ambassador

Firstly he should retire from the playing side, he hasn't actually many options. He ruled out playing in the Premier League against us, I don't see why Newcastle would want him with them playing well in the Championship, I can't see him going to China so the only real option is Celtic.

I wouldn't have him back here this season incase even momentarily is upset the rhythm we've gotten ourselves into, "the return" of Stevie G would dominate the build ups to any big game against Everton, Utd, Chelsea and any other team he has history against.

Then in the summer I'd have him back as youth coach working with small kids at first, he always speaks really highly of Steve Heighway and how much he helped him through when he had injures and growing issues, he can develop there for a few years before stepping up the ladder one rung at a time, we've no need to fast track him to 1st team coach because we've got one of the best managers in the world who relies on HIS coaching staff heavily.

I agree with all of this

I don't think he should get the MK Dons job as it's too soon to take up a first-team management role, but he also shouldn't come here on a playing contract no matter how short-term. I think the best thing for him would be a 6-month playing contract elsewhere (maybe Newcastle, maybe Celtic, but not here in the Premier League) until the summer, after which he could take up a youth coaching role at Liverpool working alongside experienced mentors.

Whatever happens, I hope nobody is filling his head with ideas that he's still an elite level player or good enough to be fast-tracked into a key management role.

Brendon's been flashing his gnashers at him, I reckon he'll go there. A lot more sensible than trying to manage MK fucking Dons.

Would hos bird fancy swapping Glitz and glamour for the Gallowgate though ..... "oh how the mighty have fallen anyway all together now ooh aah up the...."

Fuck I hope it happens though. It won't but I hope.

Last minute sub on last day of season, for Henderson.

Takes the armband, does fuck all, final whistle goes, lifts premier league trophy, gives a big "fuck you" to whatever no mark oppo support are there, then fucks off to coach the youths, out of sight.

No?  Just coach the kids then, to avoid a Giggs style circus if we go on a bad run