You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would you do with Stevie if he returns?

Paulie Dangerously

What would you do with Stevie?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should he be?

• Player only
    • Player and Coach for the 1st team
    • 1st team Coaching staff only
    • Youth team coach and mentor only
    • None coaching role e.g ambassador

I dont want him back in a playing role.

The man gave everything but imo he is done,especially in the style we play in. He couldn't be closing down all over the litch tje way are midfield does. On his last few years players were running off the back of him regularly when he was shielding the defense and two years over in the US and another tear older isnt going to help that

Scouting and/or coaching the kids?  Are you mad?

How is he going to somehow manage to get a stretched foot to the dramatically rolling rebound as it edges along the goal line to score the equalizer on the last day to secure the point which takes us to the title?

Oh, Stevie...

I remember thinking during the Burnley game, 'we're missing stevie here' as we were clearly lacking someone to just put their foot on the ball and take charge.

But that was Burnley.

Obviously things have changed, and sadly I don't think anything good can come of him being anywhere near the dressing room in this period.

Maybe in the summer, yes, in a coaching role.

Head says he's finished at this level.

Heart says...maybe we and he could win the league.

However if I was Klopp Id say to him there's a job in the youth set up waiting for you in the summer. But spend the next 6 months traveling. See the world a bit more, go and watch clubs on the continent train etc. So when he takes up the job in the summer in the U18s or whatever he's got a better understanding of the game then some dick head ex man united player thinking he can walk into any job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Firstly he should retire from the playing side, he hasn't actually many options. He ruled out playing in the Premier League against us, I don't see why Newcastle would want him with them playing well in the Championship, I can't see him going to China so the only real option is Celtic.

I wouldn't have him back here this season incase even momentarily is upset the rhythm we've gotten ourselves into, "the return" of Stevie G would dominate the build ups to any big game against Everton, Utd, Chelsea and any other team he has history against.

Then in the summer I'd have him back as youth coach working with small kids at first, he always speaks really highly of Steve Heighway and how much he helped him through when he had injures and growing issues, he can develop there for a few years before stepping up the ladder one rung at a time, we've no need to fast track him to 1st team coach because we've got one of the best managers in the world who relies on HIS coaching staff heavily.

• Upvote 1