You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Westworld

Captain Turdseye

I get that, but Yul Bryner was Westworld. Admittedly, I’m not familiar with a lot of modern actors, but I’d be surprised if any of them could match let alone better his performance in the original.

It's a different story thiugh, with a different take on it. Not a direct remake, more of a pivot IMO.

Saying that I'm not sure I'll even watch this season if it's going to disappear up its own arse. Will watch maybe 2 episodes and see, as others have said. Fuck waiting 8 hours+ for a payoff.

Overall I enjoyed that episode, it did have it's faults, mainly that it tried to cram too much in, whereas last season was a slow burn. And I'm hopeful that the two close timelines won't last more than a couple of episodes.

Caught the 2nd episode last night. The main thing that stood out for me was the old Delos coughing and saying something along the lines of "time is running short". I guess this means he's dying and wants the tech in WW to keep him alive. Which brings us to the next part - he must have succeeded.

So who is he? At the start of S1 there's a geezer sitting on a porch and he sees a photo which 'snaps' him into 'thinking' i.e. coming aware. I wonder is it him, or at least part of his DNA that went into that particular host? The photo might be his daughter or possibly grand daughter, so is it the little girl that went over to Delores at the piano?

Bit of a head fuck that show. I think I'll go back to masturbating.

The photo isn't a host it's a photo of the fiancé of the Man in Black which he dropped on his first visit decades ago. I think it's the concept of the photo itself which sets Dolores' father thinking.

• 3 weeks later...