You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Westworld

Captain Turdseye

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm on episode 7 in season 3, I'm stunned by the ridiculousness of it all. The first season was class, second season dropped massively in quality but season 3 is just poor. I'm in two minds whether to finish the season by watching the final episode, it's just become very, very silly with none of the intrigue of the first season.

10 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'm on episode 7 in season 3, I'm stunned by the ridiculousness of it all. The first season was class, second season dropped massively in quality but season 3 is just poor. I'm in two minds whether to finish the season by watching the final episode, it's just become very, very silly with none of the intrigue of the first season.

To be honest, you could see it was going to be bilge by the end of the first series. Yet another cynical exercise in trying to foment online discussion of nonsense conspiracies to disguise the writers' lack of story-telling ability.

53 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Thought the 3rd series tbh was  much better than the 2nd.

Dolores is boss in it too.

The whole show was ridiculous but then it was about Android cowboys so I'd signed up to the ridiculousness at the outset. 

I was basically in love with Dolores for the whole thing. I'd be one of those suckers losing his life savings for a trip to the park. She looked amazing in series three.

73a505ba32b106b30fcadabb1c6856c3.jpg

14 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The whole show was ridiculous but then it was about Android cowboys so I'd signed up to the ridiculousness at the outset. 

I was basically in love with Dolores for the whole thing. I'd be one of those suckers losing his life savings for a trip to the park. She looked amazing in series three.

73a505ba32b106b30fcadabb1c6856c3.jpg

Yeah she is amazing 

I hope they havent killed her off as she drives the whole show.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

HBO has pulled Westworld off Sky. I'd recorded the first episode of series 3 to rewatch it, but it didn't link to the rest of the series, or the new series 4. It's only just finished as well! 

Tried watching it on a dodgy stream but you can't hear the dialogue.

Well pissed off! 

2B1RD9P-1-1392x884.jpg

HBO have cancelled the show. So season 4 ends on a cliffhanger and there'll be no resolution to it 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

HBO has pulled Westworld off Sky. I'd recorded the first episode of series 3 to rewatch it, but it didn't link to the rest of the series, or the new series 4. It's only just finished as well! 

Well pissed off! 

2B1RD9P-1-1392x884.jpg

Might be OK here- https://theflixer.tv/tv/watch-westworld-full-39390 Haven't got time to check at the moment. Usual caveats apply, ad and pop-up blockers are mandatory, although it seems a fairly 'clean' site to me.

55 minutes ago, skend04 said:

HBO have cancelled the show. So season 4 ends on a cliffhanger and there'll be no resolution to it 

And there's a surprise. Write your show into a corner with multiple 'mysteries' and then back out when ratings tank because people get bored and the network realises it'll take forever to reconcile all the convoluted shite.

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Well pissed off! 

2B1RD9P-1-1392x884.jpg

She is outstanding 

Gutted It's been cancelled 

The 1st season was outstanding, and whilst the 2nd lost its way the 3rd and 4th were a lot more focused

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2022 at 12:14, Mudface said:

Might be OK here- https://theflixer.tv/tv/watch-westworld-full-39390 Haven't got time to check at the moment. Usual caveats apply, ad and pop-up blockers are mandatory, although it seems a fairly 'clean' site to me.

Cheers mate. Same problem with my stream though - for some reason the dialogue isn't on the audio track. 

I'll just wait for it to come back on Sky! 

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah it's a real shame. I'm guessing it's the production costs. 

The ending was quite open ended aswell 

I get the up it's own arse argument but it at least made you think and it was brave tele, and looked absolutely amazing .

Those opening credits were outstanding and I was just in love with Delores.

On 11/11/2022 at 13:30, SasaS said:

I am actually amazed people stuck with it beyond S2, it was fairly obvious at the end of S1 already this would be going nowhere,

Learned my lesson with Lost.

I think from memory I tried to watch S2 E1 a couple of times but kept falling asleep. I haven’t watched it since. 

S1 was fucking good though.