You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Westworld

Captain Turdseye

I reckon this is deserving of it's own thread. Who's been watching?

After six episodes I've got no idea where it's going really. There's all sorts going on. I'm sure there'll be 'unexpected' people outed as robots, but who? I read earlier that it's likely to have a second season and probably go beyond that so conceivably the story could continue outside of the park.

Analysis?

What two timelines?

Anthony Hopkins is definitely a baddie though.

William/Billy is the younger version of the man in black. The time from where Ed Harris's character slits Lawrence's neck to William meeting Lawrence in the next scene could only make sense if it was showing two separate timelines, past and present. There was no time to get Lawrence from the park and cleaned up if following the usual single strand.

• Upvote 1

William/Billy is the younger version of the man in black. The time from where Ed Harris's character slits Lawrence's neck to William meeting Lawrence in the next scene could only make sense if it was showing two separate timelines, past and present. There was no time to get Lawrence from the park and cleaned up if following the usual single strand.

Never noticed that, will have to go back and watch that episode again.

I like it. It's not perfect but it's good to see the sci-fi aspect being the dominant strand of genre in the show; there's not enough of this type of sci-fi around at the moment. It's beautiful to look at and I like the clinical behind the scenes areas where it seems like the humans are as bad as the hosts.

Good performances from most of the actors but especially by Evan Rachel Wood and I can watch Jeffrey Wright in almost anything; I even like Anthony Hopkins in it and I usually can't stand his hammy schtick. My only hope is that the downtime they took in production was spent usefully and they did map out the story for future seasons and it doesn't become like Lost.

I was thinking earlier this needed its own thread, it's getting lost in the TV one.

Anyway, I'm not convinced by the 2 timelines story, however, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

One thing I'm thinking more & more about the show, it's that the quality of the acting / actors is very uneven.

All the 'main' characters are great - Ford, Bernard, Mauve, Deloris, MIB, Teddy and a few others.

However, the supporting cast are dreadful - Elsie just about gets a pass but Logan, Sizemore and especially Slyvester & Felix are all straight from straight to DVD b-movies about Mega Crocodiles in a Typhoon or something.

As I mentioned in the TV thread, another concern is that it just gets more and more ridiculous, like say Lost, where the mystery comes some great that no ending will be satisfying.

Overall though, I think it's great and am really enjoying it - I just hope the conclusion is worth the 10 hours I'll have invested in watching it.