You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

I think itd fair to say they should have been to more finals if they were as good as some suggest. Remember Barca ad Madrid were a shadow of what they are now in the mid/late 90s. Madrid only pushed on from 98

I'd actually put that on Alex Ferguson. Trying to win the CL at the time with 4-4-2, was stupid.. as you would've been outnumbered in midfield against the Italian teams who were as good if not better than you.

I'd actually put that on Alex Ferguson. Trying to win the CL at the time with 4-4-2, was stupid.. as you would've been outnumbered in midfield against the Italian teams who were as good if not better than you.

Fair point

But as a team i thought they couldn’t gey it done over two legs. Considering how people go on about them i view them a failure on the biggest stage. The premier league wasn't great then either imo. His firsr challenge was Wenger who initially got the better of them and then Mourinho could outspend them,instead of them being the richest and again they struggled. Im not saying they were shite they obviously were not. But 1 champions league final from 94 07 is shite

• Upvote 1

There was a story going around Cork back in the day, pinch of salt and all but...

Roy is queueing up outside a nightclub one Saturday night, gets to the door and the bouncer stops him.

'Sorry boss, not tonight '

'What! Are you fucking serious?! Do you know who I am... Roy Keane... Nottingham Forest! '

'If you're Roy Keane then you're twenty years old. The club is over 21. Now fuck off. '

• Upvote 1

Agreed. If you said choose one player to bring into that Liverpool side of the mid 90's, it'd be Roy Keane. He wouldn't have stood for all the coke snorting, night clubbing, pranking bollocks of the Spice Boys era. He would've ironed them right out.

The core of that team could've been champions if they would've treated their bodies the way the likes of Gerrard do now.

It was only fowler who was accused of snorting coke but it was never proved and he never failed a drug test.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Fucker always gave 100%,and was successful

we now have a team of Fuckers,

So you reckon being top of the league would be better if we had a dirty bastard in our squad? 

Guest Pistonbroke

We would be 5 points ahead with Keane in our team

Or 5 points behind if he were suspended enough. Plus there really is any way of knowing how he would get on with the team, the manager, training or the tactics.