You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

Barely did fuck all on the European and international stage compared to Gerrard and Viera. Got away with being a supposed hard man by being a dirty cunt that refs were scared to send of with Whiskey nose on the touchline. Not in the same class as Gerrard and far better players throughout Europe

• Upvote 3

Fair dinkum.

I remember watching England v Scotland when then fixture still held some interest. The tabloid hacks explaining how and why no one could possibly compete with Captain Fantastic (collar-bone) Robson.

My hands almost ignited rubbing them as I looked forward to them swallowing their words during the  forthcoming battle and the inevitable Tabloids calling 'Foul!' Souness ruled whatever pitch he happened to be on. Best midfield General I've ever seen playing for ANY team in the world. Period.

• Upvote 1

Never understood why he just got off from.the world cup. Yes the Irish FA may have annoyed him flying first class and the organisation of training may not have been to the same standard he was used to but why leave the world cup?. I'm sure Gareth Bale is used to better organisation and tactics at Real Madrid than when he plays for Wales but I could never imagine him walking out on Wales in a World Cup.

He always seemed to pick and choose who he picked on like Alf Inge Haaland, Gareth Southgate and Shearer. When he first started at Forest he played against Spurs and Gazza kept winding him up calling him a thick irishman but instead of booting him he went moaning to the press after the game. Ironically a player who he would have targeted to bully or kick, Luis Garcia injured him and finished his career at the Mancs.

Still think he was a great player and was the driving force behind them for a long time. He must have been a great fucking laugh though.

Guest Pistonbroke

I remember Razor Ruddock clattering into Roy Keane circa 93/94, that was before Keane got his hard man tab like. Keane shat himself the whole game and it was Ince who had a go at Ruddock, bad idea. 

One of my favourite Gerrard moments was that 50/50 at Anfield maybe 2004 and Gerrard smashed him. But.... If Keane came to us from Forest we would have dominated the 90's. Easily. 

Agreed. If you said choose one player to bring into that Liverpool side of the mid 90's, it'd be Roy Keane.  He wouldn't have stood for all the coke snorting, night clubbing, pranking bollocks of the Spice Boys era. He would've ironed them right out.  

The core of that team could've been champions if they would've treated their bodies the way the likes of Gerrard do now. 

• Upvote 1

Barely did fuck all on the European and international stage compared to Gerrard and Viera. Got away with being a supposed hard man by being a dirty cunt that refs were scared to send of with Whiskey nose on the touchline. Not in the same class as Gerrard and far better players throughout Europe

Juventus away 1999. Didn't do anything away on a European stage? 

• Upvote 1

He was a very good player... he made that United midfield tick.. Scholes wasn't always the deep lying midfielder who pinged the ball about... I don't think he was ever as talented a player as Gerrard, Vieira, or Scholes for example.. but if we had him in the team we would've won more trophies I'd argue.

He was a very good player... he made that United midfield tick.. Scholes wasn't always the deep lying midfielder who pinged the ball about... I don't think he was ever as talented a player as Gerrard, Vieira, or Scholes for example.. but if we had him in the team we would've won more trophies I'd argue.

If we'd had Stevie or Vieira we'd have won a shit load more trophies.

The point doesn't stand.