You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

Keane talks about the mancs the way I talk about modern Star Trek, with the bitterness of a man who remembers better times.

"Back in my day you had people like Jim Kirk, the guys who'd fight for every ball and broke the rules when they had to, now you've got the new girl in there and her friend who looks like a puddin, who's been promoted to number two despite being about 18 years old, which is ridickilis."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Lario said:

"You can't hang your hat on Cavani. He loves a niggle".

When he gets In full flow it seems nobody is off limits he has a pop off everyone - at one point he had a dig at us having "just the one league title in 30 years" in a typical sneery Keane response.

I suppose the only value Richards offers is the fact he talks so much nonsense it gets Keane pissed off enough to start having a go at everyone. 

9 minutes ago, Mark M said:

When he gets In full flow it seems nobody is off limits he has a pop off everyone - at one point he had a dig at us having "just the one league title in 30 years" in a typical sneery Keane response.

I suppose the only value Richards offers is the fact he talks so much nonsense it gets Keane pissed off enough to start having a go at everyone. 

United went 26 years without a title, we won everything including 2 European cups in our wilderness. I dont like Keane just because he's a rude obnoxious prick he's keeping it real.. nah he's a tit.

• Upvote 1

He's great, I could listen to him all day. In fact, I often do. I spent hours yesterday in a youtube rabbit hole alternating between the best of Keane and the best of Charles Barkley and Shaq on Inside the NBA.

I watched an interview with Keane from when he was a player (the "don't pick on Gary Neville, pick on me" one) and it was bizarre how different his voice was then compared to now. Sounded like a completely different fella.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's great, I could listen to him all day. In fact, I often do. I spent hours yesterday in a youtube rabbit hole alternating between the best of Keane and the best of Charles Barkley and Shaq on Inside the NBA.

I watched an interview with Keane from when he was a player (the "don't pick on Gary Neville, pick on me" one) and it was bizarre how different his voice was then compared to now. Sounded like a completely different fella.

Have you seen the stage thing he did with Neville? The one they did in Ireland is great. he has a pop at John Walters which is always funny to hear 

• Upvote 1

On 09/11/2021 at 13:17, dave u said:

I find the same when I've seen old clips of Carra as a young player he sounds a lot different 

On 09/11/2021 at 13:17, dave u said:

We do that in Cork.

• 2 months later...
On 07/11/2021 at 16:26, Em City said:

"You're on the bus to the ground and you look back to see Shaw and Maguire and you're thinking 'I'm relying on these guys to save my job'. Forget about it."

Just watched that one again:

It's outstanding. I miss the late Oleain period, when Keane would be on TV explaining how he sometimes attacked other players to make himself feel better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 16/01/2022 at 07:08, Kevin D said:

Just watched that one again:

It's outstanding. I miss the late Oleain period, when Keane would be on TV explaining how he sometimes attacked other players to make himself feel better.

"Cavani? You can't hang your hat on him. He loves a niggle!"

Dowtcha Roy boy!

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think he's a bit of a cunt. Failed as a manager and comes across very bitter and angry. 

A bit of a cunt?

Roy Keane is a fully blown, grade A fucking intergalactic cunt. Never had any time for the piece of shit and never will.

Neville, Carragher & him can all fuck off with their Sky Sports 'banter' as well, my telly goes on mute the minute any of them start talking. They're not the only ones.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

A bit of a cunt?

Roy Keane is a fully blown, grade A fucking intergalactic cunt. Never had any time for the piece of shit and never will.

Neville, Carragher & him can all fuck off with their Sky Sports 'banter' as well, my telly goes on mute the minute any of them start talking. They're not the only ones.

That "party" thing they did the other day was a bit cringey, way too scripted. 

• Upvote 1

His beard growing is in a different class. It's an Irish skill, of course, but, even so, he's particularly terrific at it. Souey strains to grow that thin and delicate dusting of chin snow and you know he's done. That's your lot, for ever. In fact you can see he's worried it might even melt under the studio lights. Keane, on the other hand, could grow a great big bushy thing, shave it off at half time and it would be back by the final whistle. 

• Upvote 1