You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I don't mind Keane. He is funny as fuck when is tearing into United. In fact, he has had a few belters directed at Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea and a few months ago Aguero and City. I've been waiting to hear what he has had to say those times and the wife enjoys him more than I do. 

I love our lads and I love Jurgen. We will turn it around and will be a different team next season. Having said that the last five or six weeks, even taking into account a lot of understandable factors, have not been good enough. Keane is naming what we are all saying or thinking the last few weeks. The "bad champions" shite was nonsense, but that's Keane all over. He would tear into United if they were in our situation, just like he did his own outstanding United team.

The things that made him a great player made him a shite manager. He has zero subtlety. Still he's an enjoyable pundit.

I know a fella who did a coaching badge with him and he said he was sound and got on great with all of the group. Put him in a group with Jermaine Jenas or Micah Richards etc and he'd be kicking off. It's like he respects the greats (you can see the admiration for Souey) or the little guy.

I miss Saint and Greavsie, let alone all of the old commentators and Des Lynam etc. Watched one of our games from the late 80s the other day and Greavsie was co-commentator. He was glowing about a great team talking about Hansen, Rush, Barnsey, Nicol, with McMahon and Whelan in midfield. No biased shit becuase he didn't play for us or saying his era was better. Just enjoying the game. At one point, Brucie made an amazing save and Greavsie was saying he's one of the best characters he's come across in the game and was like "Don't change Brucie". If that was now, you'd have Martin Tyler namechecking all of Brucie's mistakes etc.

I do like Neville. He hates us but is fair and doesn't have an agenda. Might be harder to like him when he are shite or United are winning titles.

You'd enjoy McCoist on Amazon so.

Genuinely seems to enjoy watching us play.

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Micah Richards is not a great pundit, but he responds exactly how I would in Keane's presence.

I wish Roy posted on here during Mac4 and Durango's tenure.

I only have to look at this photo and i crack up.

He's like a hybrid of Van Gogh and Rasputin.

Screenshot_20210724-122759_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I find Keane to be a boring caricature with fuck all of interest to say. To be fair to him most of them offer fuck all insight and constantly display hypocrisy when it comes to decisions, diving, interpretations of the rules. I no longer watch pre match, half time or post match football.

Me either. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I find Keane to be a boring caricature with fuck all of interest to say. To be fair to him most of them offer fuck all insight and constantly display hypocrisy when it comes to decisions, diving, interpretations of the rules. I no longer watch pre match, half time or post match football.

The gigantic narcissist that he is - you cannot tell me that the idea of a football hardman being in a Neil diamond concert and having a set to with a woman for singing too loudly is not objectively brilliant.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I watched that while I was cleaning the kitchen over the weekend - was suggested on YouTube. I really like Keane. He was a great player too. 

Aside from that, would love to find out where that walk is - looked well nice. Cracking German shepherd he’s got there as well.

2 hours ago, Belarus said:

I watched that while I was cleaning the kitchen over the weekend - was suggested on YouTube. I really like Keane. He was a great player too. 

Aside from that, would love to find out where that walk is - looked well nice. Cracking German shepherd he’s got there as well.

Cheshire. Gary Neville made a reference to this episode when he was walking around Bootle with Carra.

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Cheshire. Gary Neville made a reference to this episode when he was walking around Bootle with Carra.

Aye, there's some nice places round here. have to give this a watch and guess where it actually is (if not said in the vid). 
Think they both live in the Hale/Wilmslow area. 

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Aye, there's some nice places round here. have to give this a watch and guess where it actually is (if not said in the vid). 
Think they both live in the Hale/Wilmslow area. 

Let me know if you suss it please mate. Always on the lookout for new places to stretch the legs 

• Upvote 1

On 24/07/2021 at 12:35, Kevin D said:

The gigantic narcissist that he is - you cannot tell me that the idea of a football hardman being in a Neil diamond concert and having a set to with a woman for singing too loudly is not objectively brilliant.

I think he's brilliant, like the angry old Testemant god reduced to bring a football pundit. Inalso agree re the singing, I didn't pay £75 to hear some fan singing along.