You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

Interesting that Walters and Arter are both not Irish.

Only if you want it to be..

Keane is a prick for walking out in 2002...

Stephen Ward in my view is a prick for leaking something like that or allowing this to get public...i.e. his view.

No doubt Keane has some blame here but its a bloody voice message not a bona fide account of what happened. 

Should have been dealt with in dressing room by Martin O'Neill. As for being a coward I had time for him in some regards as he refused to fawn all over Ferguson.

Great player, terrible manager/assistant manager.

He has some awful qualities but some great ones too. Remember hearing that he did his coaching badges with local grassroots managers and coaches and they loved him and he loved it. He has that down to earth streak.

As an outsider looking in, that is a horrific irish team and it must be hard for him looking around seeing that given the great irish players he played with. The flip side is that he is happy to take the wage and for his so called professionalism, he is a complete amateur at times.

Mancs got a huge upgrade on Ince back then. I remember when we brought Ince back, what the fuck were we thinking. Technique like a fat hippo. Call me THE FUCKING GUV'NOR.

One word on Keane. Winning mentality. Well two actually Chuck Norris, the way he waited on Haaland for revenge was pure Chuck. Not that I condone that in anyway, but he got his revenge. Overboard a bit maybe, but he got the job done. 

You need abit of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would have loved Keane and shearer at Liverpool. Imagine how many goals Fowler and shearer would score together.

Keane might be a tit but he wouldn't have tolerated some of the pathetic performances in the mid to late 90s a lot of the team phoned in. The amount of times we were bullied out of games was unbelievable. He would have twatted that fat prick Neil Ruddock and the useless ADHD twat David James.

• Upvote 3

Was ward there?

It’s all hearsay just like McCarthy calling him a liar etc. I was saying listen to the account because it’s the exact thing you backing Keane over. He’s literally having pops at players over faking injuries and one of them has had a pop back at him. He’s shit his undies and then went back after the lad who didn’t have a pop back because he’s a fucking bully.

Nobody is saying that word for word it’s 100% true. It seems a very specific account that hasn’t been flat out denied by O’Neil and on top of that he’s even admitted that Arter is not in the squad because of the altercation.

Mancs got a huge upgrade on Ince back then. I remember when we brought Ince back, what the fuck were we thinking. Technique like a fat hippo. Call me THE FUCKING GUV'NOR.

One word on Keane. Winning mentality. Well two actually Chuck Norris, the way he waited on Haaland for revenge was pure Chuck. Not that I condone that in anyway, but he got his revenge. Overboard a bit maybe, but he got the job done.

You need abit of that.

That story is the biggest load of bollocks in football. He tried to do Haaland to start with and injured himself in the process. Haaland didn’t injure him. He went back over and rightfully told him he was a dirty cunt and got in his face and told him to get up and stop faking injury to avoid a booking He clearly had no clue Keane had ruptured his ligaments. Keane then took it on himself to boot him in mid air when he was fit again.

I reckon I’ve seen that tackle about 100 times and anybody who’s ever played the game would take a tackle like that any day of the week over any tackle with your feet on the ground. At worst you would have a stud mark or a bruise but it’s never doing any lasting damage and didn’t to Haaland. He already had knee problems and finished that very game. He played some games after it as well before finishing his career due to the pre existing condition he had. It’s just another myth because it makes a good story. In reality it’s just Keane being a dickhead and trying to look like a hard man.

That story is the biggest load of bollocks in football. He tried to do Haaland to start with and injured himself in the process. Haaland didn’t injure him. He went back over and rightfully told him he was a dirty cunt and got in his face and told him to get up and stop faking injury to avoid a booking He clearly had no clue Keane had ruptured his ligaments. Keane then took it on himself to boot him in mid air when he was fit again.

I reckon I’ve seen that tackle about 100 times and anybody who’s ever played the game would take a tackle like that any day of the week over any tackle with your feet on the ground. At worst you would have a stud mark or a bruise but it’s never doing any lasting damage and didn’t to Haaland. He already had knee problems and finished that very game. He played some games after it as well before finishing his career due to the pre existing condition he had. It’s just another myth because it makes a good story. In reality it’s just Keane being a dickhead and trying to look like a hard man.

Well I know who I\d have in my team. One that protects his team mates, getting in the refs face and standing their ground. Instead of being pussy bullied every single game and acting a hardman. If you say Keane was acting a hardman in his prime, you definetly haven't watch much football. He was a hardman that gave everything, he might be a cunt but he was a winner all day long.

If you say Keane was acting a hardman in his prime, you definetly haven't watch much football. He was a hardman that gave everything, he might be a cunt but he was a winner all day long.

Still would have shit his pants if Jimmy Case told him too

• Upvote 1

Another one John Achterberg fucked up

The stink of his playing career ruined James

You're kidding laying the blame at his door?

Instead of working on his catching technique, James basically spent his every waking hour thinking about video games.

If he was still playing in these days of Fortnight, you'd be fortunate if he bothered turning up on a Saturday.

Plus, I'm sure big Joe Corrigan was actually his coach.

Anyway, seems a decent enough bloke in the Guardian, but I absolutely hated him as our keeper.

Well I know who I\d have in my team. One that protects his team mates, getting in the refs face and standing their ground. Instead of being pussy bullied every single game and acting a hardman. If you say Keane was acting a hardman in his prime, you definetly haven't watch much football. He was a hardman that gave everything, he might be a cunt but he was a winner all day long.

I was pointing out that the basis for your opinion is a complete myth. The original point was that he wasn’t a brilliant footballer merely the enforcer for a bunch of genuine brilliant footballers and that’s the reason he won so much.

Didn't we have Steven Gerrard at around the same time United had Keane and Arsenal had Viera? Keane was a snide fucker. Gerrard was a boss footballer. Viera was the perfect balance. Gerrard plus Viera would have resulted in a lot of league titles and Keane would have been crying himself to sleep.

You need abit of that.

Don't mind Keane, but that incident was. a shithouse trick and all but ended Haaland's career at a decent level.