You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

He was never a brilliant footballer in my eyes. He was just a raging headcase in the right place at the right time. Great manager and great bunch of youth players and experience around him. He played the role of their enforcer to give them the confidence on the pitch to not be scared of anyone.

He played his role well obviously but that doesn’t make him a brilliant footballer. Technically he was nowhere near Lampard or Vieira never mind Gerrard.

Sorry mate you’re talking bollocks.

• Upvote 5

He was never a brilliant footballer in my eyes. He was just a raging headcase in the right place at the right time. Great manager and great bunch of youth players and experience around him. He played the role of their enforcer to give them the confidence on the pitch to not be scared of anyone.

He played his role well obviously but that doesn’t make him a brilliant footballer. Technically he was nowhere near Lampard or Vieira never mind Gerrard.

Agree with Col. Enemy of ours yes but he was a brilliant player and we would have won titles if we had him.

Phenomenal player in his day,

But an absolute prick of a man.

He has the absolute cheek to slag off these current Irish players regarding their commitment when the fact of the matter is he fucked off during a world cup.

Just imagine him trying to have that argument with a player.

What a prick

Great player mind.

His performance against the Netherlands to help us qualify for the 2002 World Cup was simply breath taking.

But that was his playing days, he was still a prick then, but at least he had something to offer. Now he's just a prick....

Not a great player technically but perfect in his midfield enforcer role and got away with murder because of who he played for. Would have been great for us because we were crying out for his type of player for years. I'd rather have had Viera in his pomp but either of them would have made a great difference for us at that time.

So what you’re saying is that he wasn’t a raging headcase? He didn’t have a great manager with great players and great youth players around him and he was technically as good a footballer as Gerrard?

And I’m the one taking bollocks.

He wasn’t a brilliant footballer. If he had played for Liverpool instead and had Paul Ince stayed at United you would get the same shite spoken about Ince. Keane drove those players on and played the captains role. He wouldn’t have stayed at the club without doing that because watching his contributions on the pitch didn’t warrant it. There were technically better centre midfielders playing up and down the country never mind internationally.

I agree with all of that but it doesn’t make him a brilliant footballer.

The bit where he says to Walters “Are you going to threaten me like at Ipswich again?” And Walters fires back at him “Are you going to send the fine to me through the post again you fucking shithouse?” tells you so much. Despite this hard man image he’s actually scared of Walters. Walters is clearly used to his bully boy front.

The fact he then goes back after Arter calling him all sorts is clearly him thinking he needs to show everyone how hard he is by picking on the guy who won’t give it back.

So this definitive, conclusive proof that Roy Keane is a shithouse, and of the exact wording used in these confrontations, is a voice message said to have been left by someone who was said to have been there?

This sounds absolutely watertight to me and I’m now confident both that the guy is a complete coward and also that the quotes used are all verbatim.

• Upvote 2