You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Keane

Bjornebye

Gave me goosebumps there reading that and seeing that image. Didn't they all sing a Chris Rea song in the tunnel? Souness is a horrible cunt. That said (And I didn't see him in the flesh I'm only 32) his contribution as a PLAYER to this club can't go unnoticed. My dad hates and loves him. I like his punditry for the most part. Cunt hun wanker. 

Tut tut, stirring up sectarian shit. Afterall he did marry a roman catholic.

Seriously, he was fucking immense. Souness and Gerrard in our midfield today and we would win the league through their sheer will

Souey didn't give a fuck about sectarianism. He married a Catholic and had the balls to take on the Rangers establishment about not hiring Catholics.

He's a football man. I would consider him the best midfielder i've seen in this country and he would have walked into a world eleven.

Daft comparing Keane and Gerrard. The only thing they had in common was that they were both world class,but they were very different players.

I rate Gerrard as all time LFC No 1 Dalglish No2 and Souness No 3. But the first name on the team sheet would be Souness. Liddell was slightly before my time although I did see him play his last game for LFC reserves.

Gerrard would rightly realise that King Kenny will always be number 1. Gerrard is up there but the brilliance of our past players has been diluted with age and obscured by the fact football didn't really exist before 1993!

• Upvote 1

Keane was boss. One of the best midfielders the british leagues have produced. If he had played for us to the same standard he would be jizzed over constantly.

Blind faith and loyalty is possibly the most irritating thing about following football. Objectivity is an unexplored possibility. Fucking shite.

• 9 months later...

Absolute gold. There’s an audio clip of Stephen Ward talking about some issues surrounding Keane in the Ireland squad. He’s going around acting the big bollocks and apparently Jon Walters basically offers him and Keane’s shit himself. He then starts giving Harry Arter shit, probably because he’s been made to look a cunt by Walters. Definitely worth a listen. Shit like this obviously goes on all the time but it’s still interesting to hear.

https://t.co/lc1aAoDVbs

Great player would have made a huge difference for us if we’d gotten him instead of the mancs.

He’s an absolute bellend of epic proportions though. He never seems to come across like he actually like football either in his interviews or punditry on TV.

Great player would have made a huge difference for us if we’d gotten him instead of the mancs.

He’s an absolute bellend of epic proportions though. He never seems to come across like he actually like football either in his interviews or punditry on TV.

Yep.

Brilliant footballer but he needs to stop drinking and find something else in his life as he takes no pleasure or enjoyment from football anymore (if he ever did).

He was never a brilliant footballer in my eyes. He was just a raging headcase in the right place at the right time. Great manager and great bunch of youth players and experience around him. He played the role of their enforcer to give them the confidence on the pitch to not be scared of anyone.

He played his role well obviously but that doesn’t make him a brilliant footballer. Technically he was nowhere near Lampard or Vieira never mind Gerrard.