You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I'm amazed at the amount of Tories that are being allowed to come on TV and, unopposed, declare 63/37 as a loss for May. IDS, Bone, Bridgen, Mogg are all regularly calling 52/48 decisive yet are cry-arse get about last night.

This is completely different in terms of percentage of victory. This is her own side. 63% is pitiful. I would agree that the argument for a rerun is growing but comparing a leadership election with 317 of you own team to a national referendum is off the mark.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I'm amazed at the amount of Tories that are being allowed to come on TV and, unopposed, declare 63/37 as a loss for May. IDS, Bone, Bridgen, Mogg are all regularly calling 52/48 decisive yet are cry-arse get about last night.

They’re right that it’s a terrible result for the PM. 

There is a lot of talk that none of the Tories would vote against the government in a vote of confidence. I'm not so sure.

If she has her deal thrown out I suspect they would rather bring down there own government and fight an election against JC with a new BJ or JRM type leader. They would prefer that than passing a soft brexit or approving her deal. Tough call for Labour but i think they are playing this about right. If they go for her now her own side will back off.

12 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Imagine when Theresa May dies. Imagine being an obituary writer trying to find something to show any aspect of her career in any sort of  positive light.

"Here lies Theresa May.  She did a funny dance."

"Here lies Theresa May. Turns out she was not so strong and stable"

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It honestly baffles me how often you hear of people using cash machines and forgetting to take their money. I can’t get my head around it. It’s the sole purpose of you standing there. 

I once used an ATM and although I didn't forget to take the money out, I did get distracted and stood by the machine so long that the money actually went back in to the machine. Very surprising but I assume all machines do that, but obviously if someone leaves their money there and someone sees it within that time, it's unlikely it will go back into the machine. They might get lucky though.

I was on my arse once in London it was 11pm, meeting cancelled at 3pm flight delayed, everyone in the firm gone home no hotel booked as I said i'd do it when i got there. I forgot I'd given my missus my visa card to do xmas shopping.

I put my debit card in the thing and asked for £200 it said no bother here is your cash and here is your card.

Card popped out but no cash. I'm thinking did I miss something. So I stuck it in again. Card was retained by the machine on banks information.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Brave cash machine 

I ended up bladded in a arch under a railway with a load of gentlemen normally described as bums, they were ace, fed me and gave me warmth both of spirit and of body. Wife booked a return ticket online and I came home the next day. 11ft tall

8 hours ago, Anny Road said:

I ended up bladded in a arch under a railway with a load of gentlemen normally described as bums, they were ace, fed me and gave me warmth both of spirit and of body. Wife booked a return ticket online and I came home the next day. 11ft tall

Fuck me, you have to be Docker Doyle’s love child.

• 2 weeks later...

Another example of a Tory having no pity or understanding.

It is my belief that people who vote Conservative lack empathy.

Here is a Tory minister who voted for changes to legislation, affecting millions in the name of austerity, then when his own circumstances change and he personally experiences the effects of the cuts he voted for, he "now see that it was wrong and argue against it vehemently in Parliament."

He has to live it rather than show understanding and empathy for the people affected by what he is doing.  Narcissistic personality disorder is one excuse for voting Conservative.

TORY = NO EMPATHY

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/dec/27/its-completely-wrong-falsely-accused-tory-mp-attacks-legal-aid-cuts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, razor said:

Another example of a Tory having no pity or understanding.

It is my belief that people who vote Conservative lack empathy.

Here is a Tory minister who voted for changes to legislation, affecting millions in the name of austerity, then when his own circumstances change and he personally experiences the effects of the cuts he voted for, he "now see that it was wrong and argue against it vehemently in Parliament."

He has to live it rather than show understanding and empathy for the people affected by what he is doing.  Narcissistic personality disorder is one excuse for voting Conservative.

TORY = NO EMPATHY

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/dec/27/its-completely-wrong-falsely-accused-tory-mp-attacks-legal-aid-cuts

He may well have changed his mind on that but he's still a Tory! Bet he fucking loves Universal Credit!

• Upvote 1