You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

Trump wouldn't touch that with his best mate's cock.

I reckon he would see it as a challenge, much like Cameron and that dead pig.

I notice there has been fuck all news from May's gob since her trip to India, she's probably still unpacking all that jam and naan bread she took to sell to them. 

I reckon he would see it as a challenge, much like Cameron and that dead pig.

I notice there has been fuck all news from May's gob since her trip to India, she's probably still unpacking all that jam and naan bread she took to sell to them. 

She wished him well and is now cracking on with sucking China's pecker.

Theresa May is going to lie as low as possible until the appeal court ruling, Anything she says now could be turned on its head and used as a hostage to fortune, She is vulnerable and the opposition should be turning up the heat.

Farage in his latest Radio outing talking about Trump meeting May,

You can just see this loathsome piece of dogshit getting some role in UK/US relations,

I keep thinking back to crash he had and wishing he had not walked away, How much better off we would all have been 

“I’m now going to become a diplomat. Come and schmooze Theresa – don’t touch her, for goodness sake,” he quipped, a reference to Mr Trump’s admission that he has used he fame to grope women without repercussion.

The radio programme’s presenters laughed heartily at the joke, adding: “Only in an affectionate way … like Bush did to the Queen.”

Mr Farage continued: “I could be there as the responsible adult to make sure everything is OK.”

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

You can just see this loathsome piece of dogshit getting some role in UK/US relations,

I keep thinking back to crash he had and wishing he had not walked away, How much better off we would all have been 

“I’m now going to become a diplomat. Come and schmooze Theresa – don’t touch her, for goodness sake,” he quipped, a reference to Mr Trump’s admission that he has used he fame to grope women without repercussion.

The radio programme’s presenters laughed heartily at the joke, adding: “Only in an affectionate way … like Bush did to the Queen.”

Mr Farage continued: “I could be there as the responsible adult to make sure everything is OK.”

He must have jerked his knob end off whilst the results were filtering in the other night.

Hopefully any job offer is firmly from the Trump side, he'll soon find out that he is a very small fish in a very large pond over there. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canadian-province-to-give-every-citizen-1320-income-boost-to-overcome-poverty-a7411281.html

A Canadian province is to run a pilot project aimed at providing every citizen a minimum basic income of $1,320 (£773) a month.

The provincial government of Ontario confirmed it is holding public consultations on the $25m (£15m) project over the next two months, which could replace social assistance payments administered by the province for people aged 18 to 65.

People with disabilities will receive $500 (£292) more under the scheme, and individuals who earn less than $22,000 (£13,000) a year after tax will have their incomes topped up to reach that threshold.

The pilot report was submitted by Conservative ex-senator Hugh Segal, who suggested the project should be tested on three distinct sites: in the north, south and among the indigenous community of Ontario.

Areas with high levels of poverty and food insecurity should be chosen for the test project, Mr Segal recommended.

“It is in fact the precinct of rational people when looking to encourage work and community engagement and give people a floor beneath which they’re not allowed to fall,” he said.

“We can do this for seniors without having to add any more bureaucrats or civil servants, we respect their freedom to choose, we give them the money, they decide what’s important. Why would we treat other poor people differently?

“What Ontario is doing is saying let’s have a pilot project, let’s calculate the costs, let’s calculate the positive and the nudge effects behaviourally.”

Mr Segal confirmed that participation in the project, which is due to launch in spring 2017, will be voluntary and promised “no one would be financially worse off as a result of the pilot”.

One in five children live in poverty in Canada, according to Unicef, and a recent poll of some 1,500 Canadians found two-thirds of those polled were open to the idea of basic income.

A similar project was tested in Dauphin, Manitoba, between 1974 and 1979, with families below the poverty line receiving over $3,000 (£1,757) a month. Over 1,000 citizens were said to have benefited from the scheme.

It's in the EU thread to highlight how poor our negotiation position is and in here to highlight what a massive whopper our PM is.

If anyone needed proof as to how shit the visit was to India then read this. Very insightful.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/blog/i-feel-truly-ashamed-keith-burnett-theresa-mays-trade-mission-india

‘I feel truly ashamed.’ Keith Burnett on Theresa May’s trade mission to India

Sir Keith Burnett reflects on what he learned about international students while in India with the UK prime minister

November 11, 2016

Share on twitter

Share on facebook

Share on linkedin

India, UK, flag

Source: iStock

University of Sheffield vice-chancellor Sir Keith Burnett joined UK prime minister Theresa May on her recent trade visit to India. In this blog, he reflects on Ms May’s claims that the visit was a success. “I went to India to deliver on global Britain and I have to say that the response I’ve had here in India has been excellent,” Ms May said of the trip. “This is my first trade mission but we’ve seen on this visit deals worth a billion pounds being signed.”

I must be hearing different voices from those that Theresa May is hearing.

Theresa May entering 10 Downing Street, London

The UK is losing the economic and political arguments over international students

READ MORE

Indians who studied in the UK say we don’t act as if we are good friends any more. They say we want their money and business but are not willing to teach their children, even if they pay full whack.

They hear that our universities are allowed to teach and take the money only if Indian students are rich enough not to need a job, or can graduate to a job that pays over the odds in some parts of the UK. The Indians I have met say this is not really friendly at all.

To some, it seems fairly insulting. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and a 50 per cent drop in the number of Indians studying in the UK since 2010 should be the mother of all wake-up calls.

The prime minister says that it shouldn’t matter. She says she doesn’t think they should care about us making it easier for students to come to the UK. She can’t be hearing what I’m hearing. She just wants free trade with India. Free trade means free trade, she says, good for all and nothing to do with students. She even insists that students should be labelled as migrants, which is completely potty. Even Nigel Farage didn’t want that.

In any case, Indians feel doubly insulted by this position.

It was already getting bad when UK home secretary Amber Rudd’s conference speech blew the issue sky-high in the Indian press. Now when I talk to Indians, the hurt is plain. I feel truly ashamed, and don’t want that hurt to be ignored or unheeded. In fact, I’m sure that we need a full-scale response to the danger it heralds.

I have tried to stay positive for the past four years as I’ve seen things rot. I have groaned as changes in visa regulations pushed more and more potential students away. The government has assured us that it was not deliberately trying to reduce the numbers. Well, that may be the truth, but the results are in. A 50 per cent drop!

Other countries are rubbing their hands with glee at our stupidity. Ms May is announcing that her trade mission to Europe has seen £1 billion in deals announced for the UK. But remember that international students are worth £14 billion to the UK economy every year. That’s equivalent to more than one major trade mission a month.

What is more, these talented young people build the future links that lead to cooperation and trade. Their tuition fees will pay the wages of Australian and Canadian university staff. Worse still, their wit and friendship will bless others.

It is no good closing our ears or blaming reduced numbers on a misunderstanding of a technical detail. Our stance towards overseas students in terms of reduced numbers or closed visa options is disastrous for our relationship with this great nation. This great nation that we want to trade with so much.

I will not speak of the real harm that these policies will do to cities across the UK, where students are vital drivers of the local economy. Others can speak of that.

But what I want – what I need – to emphasise is how we are destroying hard-earned goodwill with a huge proportion of the world’s population. You should care about this. Your children’s jobs in the future could depend on it. So I’m going to work hard to make our education the very best for potential Indian students, and make the welcome as warm as possible in Sheffield.

Sheffield students, leaders and I founded the #WeAreInternational campaign. I am damned proud of the students and staff across the UK who have joined us to show that we are still the nation that India can be friends with. And I will be working to make clear that the vast majority of Brits welcome students from India and don’t think of them as migrants – 91 per cent, in fact, in a recent survey.

I will work to build collaborations with Indian universities and companies. We will continue to work together on cures for diseases and inventions that will help to make our planet more sustainable.

But I must beg, and I do beg. Please listen to India before it is too late.

Sir Keith Burnett is vice-chancellor of the University of Sheffield and co-founder of the #WeAreInternational campaign to welcome and value international students, staff and research, which is now supported by more than 100 UK universities.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just the BBC have decided its a good idea to have Marine Le Pen interviewed on the Marr show tomorrow

What the fuck do we need to see that racist cunt on tv for

Pandering to those who do mate. Hopefully she'll come across as the cunt she is, but people will still lap it up. I won't be watching. 

They either don't learn, or don't want to learn. Giving airtime disproportionate to someone's status led to Farage getting airtime here, which in turn panicked Cameron into an unprepared Brexit vote, and allowed Trump free airtime which allowed him to gain traction in both the Republican nomination and Presidential races.

Fucking Farage.

"Ha ha, isn't sexual assault hilarious."

If only he hadn't walked away from that helicopter.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

The woman is so incompetent it's unreal. 

Backtracking on he pledge for having workers on boards. Cutting corporation tax I see and pledging 2 billion a year for research and development, wonder who that is going to make wealthy.

Plus what is all this JAM shit, Just about manage people. I fucking hate how they make up a shit acronym to hide shit they want to dress up differently. I bet the Tory cunts have a right laugh about the poor whilst spreading the most expensive jam on their overpriced crumpets, cunts! 

Pistonbroke, on 21 Nov 2016 - 1:20 PM, said:

Backtracking on he pledge for having workers on boards. Cutting corporation tax I see and pledging 2 billion a year for research and development, wonder who that is going to make wealthy.

Plus what is all this JAM shit, Just about manage people. I fucking hate how they make up a shit acronym to hide shit they want to dress up differently. I bet the Tory cunts have a right laugh about the poor whilst spreading the most expensive jam on their overpriced crumpets, cunts!

Has to be one of the best con jobs ever.

"We need taxpayers money to make us wealthy, but how do we phrase it so it looks like it benefits them?"

Guest Pistonbroke

Has to be one of the best con jobs ever.

"We need taxpayers money to make us wealthy, but how do we phrase it so it looks like it benefits them?"

Yep, and meanwhile the top brass are saying the Navy fleet is in a shit state.

Jesus if Labour had come up with a spending spree on the gigantic scale these cunts are contemplating they would have been crucified, Just 18 months ago Ed Miliband effectively lost an election for being too soft on spending cuts and not serious enough about deficit reduction . Suddenly a budget surplus  only "remains an aspiration " according to the Chancellor we didn't vote for. The PM we didn't vote for is throwing money around like confetti in some almighty Keynesian orgy in a desperate attempt to convince the world we are open for business whilst the Foreign Secretary that knifed the PM the country did elect in the back is contradicting himself right left and center making the country a laughing stock. Finally two utter cunts right out of of left field , namely Fox and Davies, have been charged with taking the country over a cliff effectively removing our access to the single market ; something which was expressly written into the manifesto as an outcome that should not happen,   

To say the Government have no mandate doesn't begin to state how cheated millions of people feel, Cameron won with 35 % of the popular vote , UKIP got around 15%  from memory yet we have to all intents and purposes have a UKIP government . We laugh at the swindle Trump has perpetrated on the US electorate yet in many ways the Theresa May government is a bigger travesty. 

A Tory lying and fucking the workers over.

I'm shocked, I tells ya, shocked.

Guest Pistonbroke

A Tory lying and fucking the workers over.

I'm shocked, I tells ya, shocked.

Yeah, but too many are blinded to notice what is going on, or, they voted to get their country back and have gone back to just watching reality TV. 

Jesus if Labour had come up with a spending spree on the gigantic scale these cunts are contemplating they would have been crucified, Just 18 months ago Ed Miliband effectively lost an election for being too soft on spending cuts and not serious enough about deficit reduction.

Things have changed a little in the last 18 months, to be fair. Government wouldn't be doing its job if it didn't react to events.

That these events have been inflicted upon the country because of the Tories and their damned referendum is obviously a point worth mentioning.