You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Steve Baker appears to be the new rebel leader of the ERG, vowing no surrender to cheers from about 30 of them. If the hard core and the DUP hold out she’s not getting the numbers even on a third vote. 

From the Guardian live feed-

'No way' enough ERG Tories will switch for May's deal to pass, says ERG source

An ERG source has sent out some lines from the speech that Steve Baker, the ERG deputy chairman, gave at the ERG meeting this evening. It turns out he really did talk about bulldozing parliament. (See 7.43pm.) Baker said:

I’m consumed with a ferocious rage after that pantomime [May in the ‘22] ...

What is our liberty for if not to govern ourselves?

Like all of you I have wrestled with my conscience about what to do?

I could tear this place down and bulldoze it into the river. 

These fools and knaves and cowards are voting on things they don’t even understand. 

We’ve been put in this place by people whose addiction to power without responsibility has led them to put the choice of No Brexit or this deal. 

I may yet resign the whip than be part of this.

The source said that Baker received an enormous standing ovation at the end of the speech and that he was hugged by Jacob Rees-Mogg and others afterwards. “We are not a hugging group,” the source said.

He also said he thought there was “no way” that enough ERG members were going to switch for Theresa May’s deal to pass.

Useless old bitch. To think she could have passed a much more moderate deal by ignoring these pricks and reaching out to the opposition parties.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Useless old bitch. To think she could have passed a much more moderate deal by ignoring these pricks and reaching out to the opposition parties.

He should b dragged into speakers corner and flogged if he wants to use knaves as acceptable language in the 21st Century. Why do these pricks always have to come across as Latin speaking fucking cave dwellers, whilst the blue rinses lap it up.

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

Genuinely don't understand why anyone would want to become a politician unless you're a snide little cunt or a sociopath.

Power really is dictated by the foundation of cunts you're stood on.

This is bollocks. Even amongst the Tories, certainly amongst labour, greens and LDs, there are decent people doing their best to get the best for their fellow man.

the caustic fuckers are those wrestling for power who have caused the absolute shit fight, and continue to propagate it. Right and left.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

This is bollocks. Even amongst the Tories, certainly amongst labour, greens and LDs, there are decent people doing their best to get the best for their fellow man.

the caustic fuckers are those wrestling for power who have caused the absolute shit fight, and continue to propagate it. Right and left.

I'm sure that might be the case but if they ever get the spotlight, they'll be surrounded by cunts and sociopaths trying to the public believe that they're a cunt, a sociopath or completely inadequate.

You could be the most amazing game changer politics has ever known but you're in a game designed to benefit a select few.

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

I'm sure that might be the case but if they ever get the spotlight, they'll be surrounded by cunts and sociopaths trying to the public believe that they're a cunt, a sociopath or completely inadequate.

You could be the most amazing game changer politics has ever known but you're in a game designed to benefit a select few.

Which is not what you said earlier.

i agree there are a lot of selfish people at the top, but the only way to change that is to get involved, rather than sitting on the sidelines sniping at this who are having a go.

you have much more chance to change things in a british political system compared to American, where you need massive financial support to even think about getting involved. There are just far too many people who are disengaged, under educated politically, or otherwise apathetic.

i never voted in the UK, I was 30 when I left.

over here (Australia) it’s compulsory, not a massive fine if you don’t vote, but all the same, I have not missed a vote yet.

i know less about those involved at the macro level, but I’m making decisions based on local matters, and this tends to be aligned with similar parties to who I would now probably vote for back in the UK.

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Ive got to respect her complete lack of shame. Leveraging her own career for people to vote for her shit deal. I love that lots of them are now saying they’d switch. So either they were voting against their view of the country’s best interests to stick it to her or they’ll vote against the best interests in the country now so they get a new leader of their party. 

TORIES AND THE PEOPLE WHO VOTE FOR THEM ARE DIRTY, SELFISH, NASTY CUNTS. 

I want to change that. There are plenty of people that were conned into voting Tories. I mean those who advocate for them. 

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Yes she could easily done that but that would have split the party.  Its as clear as day Brexit negotiations have solely being about getting anything that her party would back and virtually nothing to do with the best interests of the country and as for the will of the people they make it up as they go along. They are an utter disgrace to the democracy they claim to love so much. It goes beyond hate for these fuckers; they should be in jail. 

33 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

After the rejection of all of the options in last night's indicative vote, surely we are a step closer to a GE. This government, and this parliament, just cannot govern.

Where are the 'Tories in crisis' headlines. I don't think I've ever seen so much governmental disruption - lost track of how many have resigned over Brexit.

Some of the sharks will only be looking out for where they can get a taste of personal gain and power.

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Where are the 'Tories in crisis' headlines. 

Cone on man, get with the program. This is all Labour’s fault. Don’t you realise that Saint Theresa has martyred herself for the will of the people.

probably shouldn't be laughing given the circumstances, but this did amuse me.

The contenders for May's crown:

1. Boris (Bellend) Johnson

2. Gove (Sarah wears the trouser in that relationship)

3. The Saj

4. Hunt

5. Raab

6. Matt Hancock

7. Gavin Williamson

8. Lizz Truss

One of the above will be our next Prime Minister.

A plethora of talent, humility, social conscience and the perfect embodiment of service and country before self and party.

9. Outsider - Chris Grayling (He May as well throw his hat into the ring). It cannot get any worse.

20 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

BE62947C-C3E4-4E9E-89B6-5C87CE2C703A.jpeg

But she did become Prime Minister, just a terrible one. Unlike the many people that never achieve that office and never know just how shit at it they would be, she actually now knows. 

I've heard people saying they feel sorry for her as she's had an impossible job trying to manage our exit from the EU. I have zero sympathy for the cunt, is it hubris or pure stupidity that led her to jump at the job when most knew it was a poisoned chalice? It was never going to end well trying to follow the will of the people when elected members want something completely different. 

Then calls an election from a position of strength and weakens herself to the point she has to appease some loons. 

Burn the place down with them all in it and start again. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

After the rejection of all of the options in last night's indicative vote, surely we are a step closer to a GE. This government, and this parliament, just cannot govern.

I don't think it was a waste of time at all. Once her deal falls over finally we will see options whittled down and further votes. At the moment most Tories are still wedded to the idea that her deal goes through and have not publicly got behind a plan B . They are shit scared of an election and most of them don't want to crash out . That leaves revoking A50 or a public vote.  As the least unpalatable option a second referendum wins by default.