You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

37 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think history might be kinder to her than you think if Johnson burns the house down. 

She's still a useless cunt mind

Against all odds, she did deliver a functional Brexit agreement, although it was the wrong type of unicorn for the headbangers.

She's a proper weirdo May and not very bright. 

You can tell she despises Corbyn because she perceives him to be the antithesis of everything she thinks Britain is, I.e royalty, pomp, and Kent hamlets.

You can see how deferential she is in those excruciating curtsies when she meets royalty. She's an 1800s PM.

Pretty much all the shit now, from divisive immigration talk to the fall in police numbers can be traced back to her tenure as Home Secretary.

She's a dick head. I hope if Labour ever get power again they seize her garden and build a tractor factory on it. Then I hope they demolish the Chelsea flower show with a bulldozer and force her to watch, driven by Lenny Henry's mum now newly repatriated from being dumped in Tobago.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Amazing how much this shitbag gets away with. She was knee deep in this russian shit yet had the fucking brass neck to stand there blubbing about how much she loved the country when she resigned.

Sat back and did and said nothing as her colleagues like Hammond had the whip withdrawn.

Established the hostile environment for immigrants and cut policing to the bone.

• Upvote 1

On 24/07/2019 at 18:04, Section_31 said:

She's a proper weirdo May and not very bright. 

You can tell she despises Corbyn because she perceives him to be the antithesis of everything she thinks Britain is, I.e royalty, pomp, and Kent hamlets.

You can see how deferential she is in those excruciating curtsies when she meets royalty. She's an 1800s PM.

Pretty much all the shit now, from divisive immigration talk to the fall in police numbers can be traced back to her tenure as Home Secretary.

She's a dick head. I hope if Labour ever get power again they seize her garden and build a tractor factory on it. Then I hope they demolish the Chelsea flower show with a bulldozer and force her to watch, driven by Lenny Henry's mum now newly repatriated from being dumped in Tobago.

Every word in that post is a pearler.

32 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Amazing how much this shitbag gets away with. She was knee deep in this russian shit yet had the fucking brass neck to stand there blubbing about how much she loved the country when she resigned.

Sat back and did and said nothing as her colleagues like Hammond had the whip withdrawn.

Established the hostile environment for immigrants and cut policing to the bone.

Another day at the office for the corrupt Tories then , well that's how they will look at it 

On 24/07/2019 at 12:56, Stickman said:

Jo Swinson is already making plans

Wonder what she’s up to these days. Let’s take a look. Why, it’s another cushy little number so beloved by ex-politicians everywhere.

Leader of the Lib Dems for just four and a half months, the shortest tenure as leader of the party in history, she will take a role as a ‘visiting professor’ at Cranfield School of Management.

Jo, who was brought up in Milngavie, will work with the business school’s ‘Changing World of Work’ group, set up to examine the “implications of the changing work context on managing people and organisations”.

Under the Tory/Lib Dem coalition, Ms Swinson had a stint as a business minister between 2012 and 2015 before losing her seat to the SNP’s John Nicolson in the 2015 general election.

Following her relection to parliament in 2017, she became leader of the Lib Dems, then lost her seat again at the General Election in 2019 to the SNP’s Amy Callaghan.

Ms Swinson said she was “delighted” to be joining the university and said: “The world of work is changing rapidly and Covid-19 has sent that change into overdrive. How organisations adapt will determine their ability to survive and thrive.

“I’m delighted to be joining Cranfield School of Management and I’m looking forward to helping develop their thinking on issues I have championed throughout my career such as gender equality and the role of technology in the workplace.”

Professor Emma Parry, head of Cranfield’s Changing World of Work group, said: “I’m thrilled Jo Swinson is joining our group. 

“Throughout her career she has championed equality and, as Business Minister, she was fundamental in bringing about change in the workplace through the introduction of shared parental leave.

“Jo will be a great addition to our team and I’m sure our clients and students will benefit from her experience and insight.”

Cranfield School of Management was ranked among the top European Business Schools by the Financial Times in 2017.

Yes, Professor Parry, Jo was fundamental in bringing about change in the workplace, by being part of a government that introduced tribunal fees that made it impossible for the average person to challenge unfair dismissal. Thankfully the courts subsequently rectified this, but not before a shitload of people had been priced out of a chance to bring their case.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Wonder what she’s up to these days. Let’s take a look. Why, it’s another cushy little number so beloved by ex-politicians everywhere.

Yes, Professor Parry, Jo was fundamental in bringing about change in the workplace, by being part of a government that introduced tribunal fees that made it impossible for the average person to challenge unfair dismissal. Thankfully the courts subsequently rectified this, but not before a shitload of people had been priced out of a chance to bring their case.

Fucking hell, SD will neg anything that is anti Lib Dafts, despite the fact they are as bent as the rest and only useful if you need extra seats and whore themselves out as if they are important.  I'll be back to rep this when I can. 

• 2 years later...
On 01/06/2018 at 12:03, Vincent Vega said:

They're shitting themselves about a possible Corbyn led government.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-paying-private-smear-factory-12622894

The Tories are 'paying a private smear factory' with links to Donald Trump 'to dig up dirt on Labour'

Employees of the company dig into the personal histories, online videos and posts of Labour candidates, collecting dossiers to be handed to the Tory party, according to sources

By Mikey SmithPolitical Reporter

Theresa May’s Tories are paying a private ‘smear factory’ staffed by senior former party officials to dig up dirt on Labour, the Mirror has been told.

Senior Tory sources said the Party has engaged the services of UK Policy Group, a private ‘dark arts’ firm to carry out opposition research.

UK Policy Group is the UK arm of a notorious American political attack organisation, which has worked for Donald Trump’s administration and has aggressively targeted his critics.

Two former Number 10 officials are advising the firm.

Employees of the company dig into the personal histories, online videos and posts of Labour candidates, collecting dossiers to be handed to the Tory party, according to sources.

It's understood information is then handed to right-wing websites and newspapers to back up negative articles.

The Conservative Party failed to respond to six calls and an email inviting them to comment.

UK Policy Group Ltd declined to comment.

Outsourcing opposition research

UK Vice President Andrew Goodfellow, who was the Conservative Party's director of policy and research (Image: ukpolicy.co.uk)
It’s believed to be the first time a major British political party has been accused of ‘outsourcing’ its attack research to a private company, a tactic frequently used in US elections.

A string of former Tory high flyers now work for the firm, which was launched in London last January, including former Number 10 staffers and ex-party researchers.

The firm’s UK Vice President is Andrew Goodfellow , a ‘super sleuth’ who was formerly the Conservative Party’s Director of Policy and Research.

Mr Goodfellow did not respond to a request for comment.

Staff working out of the firm’s plush Victoria Street offices, just a stone’s throw from Westminster, also include the Tory party’s former head of media monitoring and a former member of George Osborne’s communications team.

Official documents reveal David Cameron ’s former director of strategy, Ameetpal Gill, was given permission by parliamentary authorities to accept a contract advising the firm through his political strategy company Hanbury Strategy.

And Chris Brannigan , Theresa May’s former Director of Government Relations is a member of the group’s advisory board, though he told the Mirror his role does not involve carrying out opposition research.

He said: “I advise them on the strategic political scene and interpretation of political activities. Dull stuff.”

A senior Tory source told the Mirror: “It isn’t surprising that under Theresa May the party has to outsource its ideas.”

Links to Donald Trump and the Republican attack machine

UK Policy Group is the London branch of Definers Public Affairs , an elite American opposition research firm set up by two senior Republicans, Matt Rhoades , who ran Mitt Romney’s 2012 bid for the White House, and Joe Pounder the former head of research for the Republican Party.

Mr Rhoades and Mr Pounder were also founders of America Rising, a notorious Political Action Committee which solely exists to attack Democrats and opponents of Donald Trump.

Last year, lawyers working with America Rising embarked on a “witch hunt” of US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) employees who had criticised Donald Trump or his EPA director Scott Pruitt, according to the New York Times.

The lawyers requested copies of all emails sent by staff mentioning the President or Pruitt, sending a “wave of fear” through the staff that they faced public retribution for speaking out against the Trump administration’s watering down of environmental protections.

“This is a witch hunt against E.P.A. employees who are only trying to protect human health and the environment,” Gary Morton, an E.P.A. employee in Philadelphia told the New York Times in December.

Raj Shah , a co-founder of America Rising LLC joined the Trump White House as Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Communications Director and Research Director in January 2017.

And Trump’s Special Counsel, Ann Donaldson formerly provided legal services to America Rising.

When UK Policy Group was first founded in January 2017, it was registered with Companies House under the name UK Rising Ltd, according to official documents.

Mr Pounder boasted to Time Magazine in 2016 that their file on Hillary Clinton ran to “over 7,000 pages of distilled research” and more than 10,000 videos.

Their tactics are said to include sending dozens of 'trackers' to follow Democratic candidates and politicians around with video cameras in the hope of capturing unflattering footage.

In 2015 alone, their operatives reportedly attended around 3,500 Democratic Party events.

'Campaign style research dossiers'

UK Policy Group’s website boasts of their ability to create “campaign-style research dossiers, providing a comprehensive, detailed analysis of publicly available information on our targets’ record, background and views.

It adds: “Offering unparalleled depth of research, we also package the key insights into top hits that can be used by your communications team to inform their media strategies.”

Other services on offer include “war-room media monitoring” and “self vetting” to help parties find vulnerabilities in their own candidates’ histories.

Ian Lavery MP, Labour Party Chair, said: “I am disappointed but not surprised to hear that in an attempt to deflect from their total lack of direction and policy, the Tories are reduced to digging low and dragging British politics through the gutter, in the desperate hope that they may find some salacious morsel.

“This kind of base mudslinging has no place in British democratic debate, and deflects from the real issues facing people today. It is time that Theresa May stops spending money and effort on these tactics and focuses on policies to improve the lives of those who have suffered because of her government’s heartless policies.”

Former Lib Dem Leader and Best for Britain Champion Tim Farron said: "The Conservative party are notorious for throwing smears and muck around at people.

"This murky UK Policy Group, stuffed to gills with ex-advisors are doing the dirty work for Tory HQ now.

"It sounds like the smear factory has been outsourced, but you know the Tories, they will privatise anything."

In October 2017, historic online posts by Jared O’Mara were exposed by a right-wing blog, which included sexist and homophobic jokes posted in the mid 2000s.

Days later, Mr Goodfellow wrote for website Reaction , saying O’Mara had been a “victim of his own stupidity”, but suggesting both Labour and the rival Lib Dems should have “bothered to do some due diligence” on Mr O’Mara before the election.

O’Mara in court this week for fiddling his expenses to pay for a coke addiction.  

49 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

O’Mara in court this week for fiddling his expenses to pay for a coke addiction.  

Is this top trumps?

I'm going with Tories losing 200 vulnerable children.  Turns out they were safer back home.  This country is a fucking rank shithole. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/23/uk-minister-admits-200-asylum-seeking-children-missing-home-office

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Is this top trumps?

I'm going with Tories losing 200 vulnerable children.  Turns out they were safer back home.  This country is a fucking rank shithole. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/23/uk-minister-admits-200-asylum-seeking-children-missing-home-office

I sont think so, he was in the news today and I remembered him being discussed on here.  If you let me know what’s ok to post about I’ll be sure to ignore it.  

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I was surprised to see Theresa May at the top of that list of MPs getting shady money for second jobs. I don't know how she is attracting such massive sums for speaking engagements, when she's not what you'd call influential any more and she's a shit speaker.

when sky did a big expose on it they spent 10 mins on her and not a second on the fat lying cunt proudly sitting in 2nd place .  

He is clearly a dick  and deserves everything he gets  but being cynical it is amazing how much easier to end up in jail if you are not in the rich clique. How much jail time does anybody expect to see served on a single person who benefitted from the Covid / PPE fiddles which dwarf his carryings-on ? Quite a few Grenfell residents gone down for insurance scams etc, but I would be amazed to see a single day of jail time for a person being complicit in the small matter of 72 deaths. Nick Leeson did 4 years, but I am not aware of a single day's jail given to anybody from the UK Banks who brought the economy down in 2008.