You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Nadine Dorries is saying that a lot of MP’s that are publicly backing May will act differently in the secret ballot. 

But Dorries is as mad as a hatter, so you have to take anything she says with that caveat.

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bookies have her 11/4 to lose the vote. Looks like she’s gonna stay. 

She'll probably win the vote, but by how much and what will she do if it's close? It's interesting times. They're in total denial if they think they're fit for government in their current form. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

She'll probably win the vote, but by how much and what will she do if it's close? It's interesting times. They're in total denial if they think they're fit for government in their current form. 

She 80% to stay on Betfair.  Maybe close but she will hang on at least until her deal bites the dust. She is not going to allow the ERG scum to oust her, 

1 minute ago, Anny Road said:

If she wins the vote then she cannot be challenged for a year. She brings her deal to Parliament it is rejected. That is the moment for Labour to go for a no confidence. May standing in an GE will cause meyham in the Tories

Yep, that's very true.

Can tell I'm getting better at avoiding most of this politics bullshit when I walked past the tv downstairs a bit ago and found out about this vote for the first time.

Still not sure exactly what's going on but if she at least has a good number of people against her any brexit vote should be a lot less likely to go through so that's good. Not because I give much of a shit about being in or out of the eu, but mainly so that another election being called would be more likely.

I expect May to win the no confidence vote tonight and I hope she does too. I would hate to see the Tory twats rally behind a hard right Brexit twat and by winning the vote,  surely May would surely be the catalyst for a Tory civil war to destroy the party. 

Fetch the popcorn, sit back, feet up and enjoy the video nasty. 

Yeah its looking likely she will win.

But she still won't get her deal through Parliament even with EU verbal assurances the backstop won't be endless. When that happens she'll surely have to resign. I say surely because I hadn't expected her to get this far.

54 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yeah its looking likely she will win.

But she still won't get her deal through Parliament even with EU verbal assurances the backstop won't be endless. When that happens she'll surely have to resign. I say surely because I hadn't expected her to get this far.

She'll probably win but I suspect that the numbers will be much closer than the PR floating about today from Tory MP's. They wouldn't be restoring the whip to an MP if the private polling wasn't close. As has been pointed out historically the no vote has always been underestimated. Duncan-Smith was expected to win in 2003 based on all the public support from MP's for him. We are dealing with the most dishonest electorate on the planet here.

Proper Tory behaviour. Cabinet ministers publicly backing May whilst ringing around for their leadership campaigns. As a few have suggested this might be closer than the landslide predicted for May.

download-1.jpg

Senior Tory to me: “with the vote postponed, are the promises to my colleagues of peerages and knighthoods still good”. They should have read the small print

Tory MPs on WhatsApp expressing surprise at certain cabinet ministers’ tweets backing May. “That’s not what he’s been saying in private,” says one. “Assume that means he won’t be running after all,” says another

Imagine if this is how they feel about each other what their lifeboat the DUP make of them. A vote for May in the DUPs eyes is a vote against the union. 

Tory MPs are now gathering at the door of committee room 14 ahead of the PM’s address. One loyal former minister says: “the only thing I’m 100% confident about is that many of my colleagues are liars”

One ultra-loyalist ministerial aide predicts May survives, but acknowledges passing any conceivable deal will require Labour MPs - lack of working majority would likely prompt general elex: “I think she’s knowingly risking the future of the party, because it’s that or democracy”

As you might guess, plenty of ERG types are dismissing this - saying a commitment to leave before next year doesn’t solve the issues they have with the deal. They also don’t believe her. One told me: “at this point I wouldn’t believe her if she told me it was raining outside”