You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

Appears it’s the bellend behind Guido Fawkes who’s bird he’s been fucking as well.

Yes, I know why. It's just incredibly difficult to imagine how someone could think like that.

Someone on 35k a year for example. You can have a decent holiday every year, own a reasonable car, rent a house (or just about get on the property ladder), etc, why would you deny people the ability to fucking eat so that you can save 500 quid a year on tax?

Urgh.

Where does it end though? Welfare does create unforseen problems in that it incentivises people unfit to be parents to have kids. Look at what's happened to black kids from welfare-raised households in the US - school to prison pipeline. Personally I think the only manageable answer is some kind of small-scale community welfare fund and kids being raised not just by the nuclear family but by the local community. This would require scaling back large parts of the capitalist machine and probably a huge reduction in population. I don't see any easy answers.

As you probably know, Corbyn argues against PR, because he thinks it weakens the link between MPs and their constituents; so I'm not sure your attempted whataboutery applies here. Better luck next time.

Haha, yes, I'm sure that's the reason, nothing to do with it preventing one party from wielding all the power.

Tell me again what a marvellous democrat Jeremy Corbyn is.

Strontium Dog, on 11 Sept 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

Haha, yes, I'm sure that's the reason, nothing to do with it preventing one party from wielding all the power.

Tell me again what a marvellous democrat Jeremy Corbyn is.

I think it's a decent argument for first past the post, that an MP is representative of their constituents in parliament. And that has the potential to be a more representative form of democracy - particularly if the candidates are chosen by the local party members - than PR.

As one of those "good community MPs, terrible party MP" up until he became leader, you can see why Corbyn might also think along those lines.

I also don't mind the Alternative Vote system, which is what happens down here - and although you do get some shenanigans with parties advising people on how to vote to maximise their result, and associated political deals around those "preferences" - it does mean that for the most part an MP doesn't get elected if 65% of their constituents hate them. I would posit that the the Lib Dems would have picked up a lot more seats in previous GEs in places where they were first or second choice for the majority of the voters, but lost out to a Tory or Labour candidate getting 40% of the vote.

Maybe you might have seen some modelling on that SD?

However I do also agree that most people tend to vote for the party rather than the candidate, and that it is pretty ridiculous that a party can win 38% of votes and yet have 60% of sitting MPs. Doesn't scream fair representation.

Plus Corbyn is an obvious Stalinist, of course.

Where does it end though? Welfare does create unforseen problems in that it incentivises people unfit to be parents to have kids. Look at what's happened to black kids from welfare-raised households in the US - school to prison pipeline. Personally I think the only manageable answer is some kind of small-scale community welfare fund and kids being raised not just by the nuclear family but by the local community. This would require scaling back large parts of the capitalist machine and probably a huge reduction in population. I don't see any easy answers.

You are completely correct here Hades, pre-welfare state it is as a well known fact that poor idiots failed to procreate. We only need to look to the 3rd world to see how to control birth rates.

I’m not sure what you have been reading lately, but you are veering in the cusp of totalitarianism, yer mad fuck.

Get back on Chomsky or read some zizek, or do something positive to change the world and stop pontificating shite.

• Upvote 4

How would you achieve ‘huge’ population reduction and to what level would you reduce it?

Where does it end though? Welfare does create unforseen problems in that it incentivises people unfit to be parents to have kids. Look at what's happened to black kids from welfare-raised households in the US - school to prison pipeline.

Wow!

Who knew that Hades was a Republican candidate?

Ark at Thanos over here. Population reduction? You just need the 6 infinity stones to make it happen.

• Upvote 2

How would you achieve ‘huge’ population reduction and to what level would you reduce it?

Taken from the site: http://www.efilism.com/

"For whatever reason, the universe initiated, we don’t know why there’s something rather than nothing, but there is. The big bang occurred, and aberrant science ran amok. it was a mixing bowl, a chemistry set gone wild, with all the ingredients leaking into each other, commingling - lots of bad ingredients mixing badly… And then gravity and nuclear forces started tying matter into bigger and bigger pieces, forming stars and planets, and of course with them, Earth. And on Earth, energized atoms formed compounds, and after bouncing around for a few billion years, something happened… The universe, up until this point, was certainly violent, but benign - free of sentient creatures, and therefor free of suffering. But all that changed when the tragedy of abiogenesis occurred, and the first reproducing cell was produced… DNA, our one single ancestor, the seed of sentient print media… And so life arose in many mechanical forms, and eventually, life became conscious, we became sentient… And then, the most pitiless step in our evolution - to arrival of suffering, - The First Ouch… And this was truly, the beginning of ALL problems in the universe.

Life is crude forces in control of precious commodities, and human life is perpetuated only out of the blind, insane desires of our addicted psychologies. Why create need machines, who can never satisfy their desire without imposing unfulfilled desire on to something else? Life is an imposition, and the EFIList believes we should not have the right to create need for no need, and force another generation to play out the same tragic and tired Shakespearean snuff film. We can control exactly how much suffering and death exists on this planet, there is no suffering without sentience, and the best outcome for life on planet earth is extinction, through a collective act of non-procreation.

Life is Consumption, Reproduction, Addiction & Parasitism. It’s C.R.A.P. We, as sentient feeling organisms, are the products of 4 billion years of the holocaust of evolution - it’s not a good story, and it’s not one worth continuing. EFILism is a conclusion, derived from an assesment of the full summation of the history of the reality of sentient life on Earth. It is the most important responsibility, of the only sentient species intelligent enough, to effectively manufacture a graceful exit strategy for life on planet earth. It is the responsibility of the Efilist, to enter into the battlefield of ideas with the rest of the human race, and try to the best of ones ability, to argue for an understanding of the truth and consequences of our circumstance on this planet."

1) Global Thermonuclear War.

2) Zero.

I was looking for the Victory on Waxworld speech,

Rimmer: [Rimmer tells Lister of his great "victory" leading the good droids against the fascist droids] There are always casualties in war. If there weren't it wouldn't be war; just be a rather nasty argument with lots of pushing and shoving.

Lister: How many survived?

Rimmer: Well, we haven't had time to make a full official estimate. But at a rough guess, and obviously this is subject to alteration pending information updates, round about: none of them.

Lister: So you wiped out the entire population of this planet?

Rimmer: You make it sound so negative Lister. Don't you see? The deranged menace that once threatened this world is vanquished.

Lister: No it isn't pal, you're still here!

but also found this;

I'm sure there's better things to listen to after being dumped by your lady. I'm assuming he's been dumped as it's sent him into a spiral of not caring and misogyny.

ha - I read this in preview when opening the thread and thought you were talking about the Guido character... although too be fair I reckon Hades is a bit of Fawkes type blow the bastards up, with a little bit of Vendetta