You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

This is why we are heading out of the EU. Nothing to do with onerous trading rules or sovereignty, it's because we are the biggest tax evading nation on the planet and we can't let the EU make the obscenely rich pay their fair share.

The fucking royal family need kicking in the bollocks too. Cheeky bastards getting 9 figure sums to do up the palace whilst they stash all the tax monies overseas? It stinks.

• Upvote 3

What's the punishment for this. Is this not a clear breach of the ministerial code.

Jason Beattie

@JBeattieMirror

Priti Patel attended 12 meetings and engagements in Israel, including with one with Bibi, but no officials were present and no minutes kept

Half an hour in House stationery room with Fallon

This is why we are heading out of the EU. Nothing to do with onerous trading rules or sovereignty, it's because we are the biggest tax evading nation on the planet and we can't let the EU make the obscenely rich pay their fair share.

The fucking royal family need kicking in the bollocks too. Cheeky bastards getting 9 figure sums to do up the palace whilst they stash all the tax monies overseas? It stinks.

Bang on,  Tax havens , deregulated City of London and a collection of Billionaires , many of which are Russian, that don't want creeping oversight from Brussels, These twats financed the likes of Banks and Farage, flooded social media with lies about the EU and have all sorts of senior politicians on the hook.

• Upvote 1

So it now emerges that May knew nothing about Patel's round of Israeli meetings for three months, and didn't know even about them when she (May) met Netanyahu.

That's not just extraordinary, it demonstrates that she's not in control of her own government. How is Patel still in situ. She's met with foreign government officials behind the back of the PM, Foreign Secretary, and the Foreign Office. At best she needs to be referred for a breach of the ministerial code, and at worst she needs to be questioned thoroughly by MI5.

So it now emerges that May knew nothing about Patel's round of Israeli meetings for three months, and didn't know even about them when she (May) met Netanyahu.

That's not just extraordinary, it demonstrates that she's not in control of her own government. How is Patel still in situ. She's met with foreign government officials behind the back of the PM, Foreign Secretary, and the Foreign Office. At best she needs to be referred for a breach of the ministerial code, and at worst she needs to be questioned thoroughly by MI5.

Do we even have a government in any recognisable form ? Its absolutely extraordinary how the thing is falling apart almost on a daily basis, I suppose May will jib the thing off before long and we will have a proper meltdown as the careerists squabble over the corpse of a fucked country, 

I'll be honest, I took part in a tax evasion scheme once. Instead of being self-employed, I started a one man limited company. I paid corporation tax for 6 years, but no PAYE or NI. This was due to paying myself mostly in dividends rather than salary! This was all legal and above board, as advised by an accountant.

I have lived with this for a long time and I'm deeply ashamed.

I await the ban from the forum, and my expulsion from Unite and the Green Party!

This is not a pisstake!

• Downvote 1

Is anyone even mildly shocked at the revelations the Paradise Papers are throwing up!!

That does not mean it does not anger me , it boils my piss.

However no matter how apopletic I, or indeed any of us get, the square root of fuck all will be done about it. Doubtless there will be MP's of all colours getting splinters on arses jumping on the latest badwagon rolling into town and regailing us with soundbite after soundbite of righteous indignation.

Our press will start the crusade for "the man in the street" in the hope that it deflects attention from the fact that half of the fucking owners of their shitrags are using these very avoidance techniques themselves.

Disgusted of chipping norton types will regale us all with their best spellchecked letters to the broadsheets explaining how we should be grateful that these wealthy few keep all us prolls in work and we should be gratefull for it. As if the tax we pay on our labours comes from the very pockets of these parasites themselves.

Once the dust has settled (as it surely will) this will continue in another form.

Meanwhile at a personal independance payment interview near you.......

I'll be honest, I took part in a tax evasion scheme once. Instead of being self-employed, I started a one man limited company. I paid corporation tax for 6 years, but no PAYE or NI. This was due to paying myself mostly in dividends rather than salary! This was all legal and above board, as advised by an accountant.

I have lived with this for a long time and I'm deeply ashamed.

I await the ban from the forum, and my expulsion from Unite and the Green Party!

This is not a pisstake!

People taking advantage of loopholes to save money doesn't anger me that much but people in positions of power who shape policy and can create or close loopholes plus people who are on the taxpayers payroll and are suppose to be acting in the best interests of the country avoiding tax pisses me off. Creating austerity bemoaning the lack of funds but allowing billions to be stashed off shores just feels like we a governed by unscrupulous wankers who are in power for their own vested interests. Parliament is a cesspit and the monarchy needs binning off.

People taking advantage of loopholes to save money doesn't anger me that much but people in positions of power who shape policy and can create or close loopholes plus people who are on the taxpayers payroll and are suppose to be acting in the best interests of the country avoiding tax pisses me off. Creating austerity bemoaning the lack of funds but allowing billions to be stashed off shores just feels like we a governed by unscrupulous wankers who are in power for their own vested interests. Parliament is a cesspit and the monarchy needs binning off.

Fair point, but what I did was morally, if not legally, wrong!