You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we score 10 in a game this season?

Bob

WILL we score 10 goals in a game this season?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. WILL we?

• Yes - Of course we will, if put my house on it
    • No - Don't be daft.

I'm not trying to get too far ahead of myself or be complacent, and just asking this question might be a silly thing to do, but I'm putting it in a poll.

The reason I think it's a valid question is that we never really seem to settle for a win after a certain point.

We had a bit of a shut down at 5-0 and invited a bit of pressure, but even at that shoreline we hit the bar twice, had a couple of other decent chances, committed men forward and scored a 6th in the last minute.

We could have been 3-0 up before we even scored. We certainly should have been 1-0 up.

We play at a pace that means opposition tire later in games and vast spaces open up.

We have players coming on from the bench desperate to score - either Sturbridge and Origi because it's their nature and they want to force their way into the team, or youngsters/new players looking for a first goal - Ejaria, Grujic.

On top of that, goals are being shared around. We don't need any one player to score 5 for it to happen.

Hull could've been 7 or 8 very easily. Watford had conceded 5 in their last 5 and 3 consecutive clean sheets before we cantered to 6 which should have been 8 or 9 and could have been 10.

So, what do you reckon?

Not can we, could we, but WILL WE score 10 on a game this season?

-

Spoiler alert: I'm voting no, as I just think it's a step too far, but I expect more than 6 at some point.

Yes. Maybe against Sunderland. The Palace game when we scored 9 is the best (highest at least) I can remember. This team can even go one better.

However, international football and disruption to rhythm, plus possibility of injuries, might stop it.

The law of mockering something also states that the best way to be confident is... quietly.

Klopp knows this. He knows "we're in a good moment" but he also knows nothing is won after 11 games. There's a long way to go and there are some good teams fighting it out.

But this thread is about goals, and we are devastating on that front so far. Someone is going to get it. Ten? Why not?!

Other people read this forum ffs.

So what?

I'm just putting the question out there. I think the answer is no, and I imagine most others do, too, but I also think it feels possible the way we play and are currently performing.

It's not embarrassing to ask the question.

Yes. Maybe against Sunderland. The Palace game when we scored 9 is the best (highest at least) I can remember. This team can even go one better.

However, international football and disruption to rhythm, plus possibility of injuries, might stop it.

The law of mockering something also states that the best way to be confident is... quietly.

Klopp knows this. He knows "we're in a good moment" but he also knows nothing is won after 11 games. There's a long way to go and there are some good teams fighting it out.

But this thread is about goals, and we are devastating on that front so far. Someone is going to get it. Ten? Why not?!

An answer perfectly in keeping with the spirit of the question.

Always can rely on you, Rev

Also, one final thing, mockers, mockering and any other such fluff is a load of old bunkum.

It's not because of mockering that klopp shouldn't say this sort of thing, it's because he needs his team grounded and it would be disrespectful of others.

The squad don't give a shit what i think, so I can say it.

We still won't.

I voted yes, although I agree it's stupidly bullish but what the hell. Let's enjoy how great we are. We're more than capable and we're actually missing a lot of good chances.

Was saying to my lad the other day that someone is going to get a serious bumming from us this season. After the 6-1 he asked me if that was it, and I couldn't help thinking it wasn't.