You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez vs Aguero

Baltar

Suarez or Aguero  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

Just a random poll to decide who is the better striker out of these two rather brilliant South Americans.

Being completely objective of course, I would go with Suarez. Works harder, hardly ever gets injured, a better team player, a better creator of goals and scores more goals. Aguero is pretty incredible, my favourite non-Liverpool player in the league but I reckon Suarez is the better overall footballer.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Suarez for me, hardly ever injured, more versatile in where he can play and scores and assists from any of those positions he plays in. They are both great players mind, World class. 

I would have loved to have seen Suarez managed under Klopp in the current set up, we'd piss the league. He epitomises the type of player Klopp wants to lead the line. 

Aguero is the most clinical finisher in the world not named Messi or Ronaldo but Suarez is the better overall player and his durability makes this a bit of a no-contest. That being said, if Aguero didn't have hamstrings and quads made of actual jelly, this would be a lot harder to call.

Suarez is one of my favorite players of all time, so I might be a tough biased.... but it's the Uruguayan for me any day of the week. He's a better dribbler, more creative, his work off the ball is phenomenal, better at set piece, the more selfless player, possesses a bit more flair to his game.... and he scores more goals. I think Aguero is a brilliant player, the best in the league along with Sanchez... but Suarez is a level above, alongside Messi and Ronaldo.

Suarez makes players around him better, look at Sterling arguably he's in a better side now than in 2014 but he will never be as consistently good as he was in that period from new year to the end of the season....And that was all down to one man.

You could put Aguero in that side and it would never have got anywhere near as close to winning the league that season.

Suarez nearly won a pretty average side the league. You could drop him in any current top eight side and they'd probably end up challenging for the title.

It isn't just his ability, it's his attitude on the field, granted, sometimes it results in the red mist forming, but he hates to lose and fights for everything.

If we still had him, with this current side and manager, we'd be unstoppable.

No contest, Suarez by a distance.

• Upvote 2

Normally these sort of threads provide no end of amusement as posters line up to laud average players to the skies while dismissing the qualities of a better player just because he happens to play for another team. But not in this case. Suarez is on a level higher than Aguero. One of the best footballers of the last 40 years.

I think it's closer than we Liverpool fans would like to admit, but mostly because Aguero's been at top clubs for a lot longer than Suarez.  Aguero is a genuinely brilliant player and is more than just a goalscorer.

Still, Suarez is arguably better than Messi over the last 18 months or so, and he's on a completely different level to Aguero since about 2013.  As many have pointed out, Suarez took a bang-average side almost to the title, swap Aguero and Suarez that season and we'd have finished at least 10 points short of City.  We might not have even finished in the top 4, actually, the difference is that big.