Quantcast
Maradona - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Maradona

I reckon if scientists could design a player you'd end up with Ronaldo and if artists could you would end up with Messi.

I don't really believe in all this greatest of all time stuff or the best ever in any walk of life if it can be subjective based upon people likes or bias. Occasionally it's too hard to argue like with Phelps or someone it's universally just accepted like Michael Jordan

Agree, mate. The reductive logic of the market has infiltrated everything, as Marx predicted it would.

• Upvote 2

Fuck sake, these sort of threads pop up and you think he has popped in after some cocaine frenzied orgy

• Upvote 1

I reckon if scientists could design a player you'd end up with Ronaldo and if artists could you would end up with Messi.

I don't really believe in all this greatest of all time stuff or the best ever in any walk of life if it can be subjective based upon people likes or bias. Occasionally it's too hard to argue like with Phelps or someone it's universally just accepted like Michael Jordan

Always prefered Magic myself. Him getting bad shithouse slut aids, didn't help him either in the grand scheme of general view. Would love to have seen Jordan, Magic and Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor jr. in the same team. 

I love Diego because he makes the rest of this country fume so badly. They are so outraged when he does somthing. It's ace.

AND

Because he was a boss footballer.

• Upvote 1

The team he manages are in the play off final so our Diego decides to get bevies in the stands during the game then start twitting reporters when they lose. I love this man. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6454825/Diego-Maradona-aims-punch-news-reporters-feisty-encounter.html

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

He'll outlive us all Stig.

Maybe.

Himself and Shane McGowan are made of different stuff to the rest of us. Healthy living would probably do them in. 

That documentary looks amazing, can’t wait. 

Whenever I see a post about him on some 80s footy page on Facebook or Twitter I just go to the comments. Usually triggered some Ingerland twat who supports a shite team and hates Liverpool. It's a glorious sight to behold, they get worked up about the Hand of God all these years later. 

Almost as bad as Evertonians whining about Clive Thomas 43 years ago. 

• Upvote 1