You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

do pubs use those v8 sat boxes too show the footy?

old skool tom

Check out both the XBMC or the Kodi threads on here. Quite a few people on here have signed up to sports subscription sites which run fine through Kodi.

Sportsmania seems to be the most popular and I signed up myself a couple of weeks ago. It's been sound so far, hardly any buffering and if it does there's plenty more streams to click on. Only costs £1 a week.

or do they use better/dearer type of receiver/satelite/system?  sick of the andriod kodi buffering all the time.

Check out both the XBMC or the Kodi threads on here. Quite a few people on here have signed up to sports subscription sites which run fine through Kodi.

Sportsmania seems to be the most popular and I signed up myself a couple of weeks ago. It's been sound so far, hardly any buffering and if it does there's plenty more streams to click on. Only costs £1 a week.

Sportsmania is great, make sure you have VPN software too. The buffering was always a problem with various streams but Sportsmania is clean as a whistle so I'm not even sure that getting a different box would solve your problem.

Buffering is as likely to be your internet speed as anything else. You can check it here

http://www.speedtest.net

You'll need about 5 Mbps for 720p HD streaming, faster than that for 1080p and up to around 25 Mbps for 4K ultra HD (hardly anything is broadcast in this quality).

You can still watch in SD at lower speeds and you don't need fast internet at all for card sharing with a satellite dish and box.

It's worth paying for sports streaming on Kodi though. Saves a lot of hassle.

Sportsmania is great, make sure you have VPN software too. The buffering was always a problem with various streams but Sportsmania is clean as a whistle so I'm not even sure that getting a different box would solve your problem.

I wouldn't say a VPN was essential. It's useful for me watching UK stuff like iPlayer out of the UK though.

There again, the UK has blocked a load of streaming sites so I guess it would be useful for that but it's not something I've had a problem with myself.