You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - 2:15pm, 06/11/16 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

Guest Pistonbroke

Flash bastard haha

To be fair they were on offer at Lidl, €1.49 for a large bag. I have to admit though, parking outside Lidl in the old Mercedes-AMG is a pain in the arse. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep. It wasn't the usual first shot on target and goal lark. Small steps.

Three steps to heaven. 

Guest Pistonbroke

What our team is lacking is a rock solid partner for Matip.

Van Dijk or Sule, buy one and plug him in.

I know you follow the BL mate and you rate a few CB's we should be interested in. Have you seen that Dominique Heintz play for Koln? Only 23 and he is coming on in leaps and bounds, very comfortable on the ball, excellent in the air and can fill in at LB (naturally left footed.) He can't be far from a call up from the U21's to the senior German squad. Current market value is about 5 million, well worth a punt IMO if we don't want to spend too much on that position. The fact he can cover LB would mean we could fuck Moreno off and use him there should Milner need a rest or get injured. 

Just finished watching a recording of that. Superb stuff. We were quite brilliant between 15 and 60 mins. The first 15 mins we were easing into the game and then we just switched to another gear. After an hour or so we eased off. Part of me was frustrated, because I wanted us to keep piling the goals on, but if you can't have a little breather at 5-0 when can you?

Sturridge came on and everyone was trying to set him up. Two questions remained:

1. Would we keep a clean sheet?

2. Would Sturridge score?

Answer was no and no. As we took our foot off the pedal they came looking for a goal and they got one. But that doesn't tell the whole story. They had some decent efforts on goal and I thought this was Karius' best game for us so far. He made a few decent saves and looked that bit more solid than in recent week. But alas the clean sheet was not to be.

When Sturridge came on the others were looking to set him up. I'm sure this is because they know that a fit and firing Sturridge is good for the team, and there will be times he will be called on this year. Unfortunately he didn't get his goal but he rattled the bar a couple of times and had another good shot which allowed Wijnaldum to score from the rebound.

6-1. I'll take it! Watford are a decent team and credit to them they had a go, unlike that expensively assembled outfit down the East Lancs Rd. A lot of teams will try and have a go and come unstuck against us this season.

Final word goes to the league table. It makes for fine reading.

We are top of the league.

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching a recording of that. Superb stuff. We were quite brilliant between 15 and 60 mins. The first 15 mins we were easing into the game and then we just switched to another gear. After an hour or so we eased off. Part of me was frustrated, because I wanted us to keep piling the goals on, but if you can't have a little breather at 5-0 when can you?

Sturridge came on and everyone was trying to set him up. Two questions remained:

1. Would we keep a clean sheet?

2. Would Sturridge score?

Answer was no and no. As we took our foot off the pedal they came looking for a goals ant they got one. But that doesn't tell the whole story. Had some decent effort on goal too, and I thought this was Karius' best game fo us so far. He made a few decent saves and looked that bit more solid than in recent week. But alas the clean sheet was not to be.

When Sturridge came on the others were looking to set him up. I'm sure this is because they know that a fit and firing Sturridge is good for the team, and there will be times he will be called on this year. Unfortunately he didn't get his goal but he rattled th bar a couple of times and had anoth r good shot which allowed Wijnaldum to score from the rebound.

6-1. I'll take it! Watford are a decent team and credit to them they had a go, unlike that expensively assembled outfit down the East Lancs Rd. A lot of teams will try and have a go and come unstuck against us this season.

Final word goes to the league table. It makes for fine reading.

Assuming Captain's tapped you on the shoulder and graciously apologised for the strength of his patronising remarks to you this summer, G?

bit of a big statement but think Firmino is in the same league as Suarez and Kenny - a simply sublime player with work ethic to match. Like the other two, he's the conduit that makes this team great.

One of the best players in the red shirt I've seen in 40 years.

• Upvote 3

bit of a big statement but think Firmino is in the same league as Suarez and Kenny - a simply sublime player with work ethic to match. Like the other two, he's the conduit that makes this team great.

I wouldn't go that far, but he is key to how we play. A complete press from the front.

First name on the team sheet, you can build round him under this system.

bit of a big statement but think Firmino is in the same league as Suarez and Kenny - a simply sublime player with work ethic to match. Like the other two, he's the conduit that makes this team great.

I think he belongs more in the same league as Beckenbauer and Cruyff myself.. not quite Pele and Maradona mind, but he's still young.

Guest Pistonbroke

bit of a big statement but think Firmino is in the same league as Suarez and Kenny - a simply sublime player with work ethic to match. Like the other two, he's the conduit that makes this team great.

Bit OTT mate, he is a very good player though and if anything he reminds me of how Beardsley would play. 

Yep. It wasn't the usual first shot on target and goal lark. Small steps

You can say that again. And again. And again. And again.

He's strong, fast, good skills, hard working and scores/creates lots of goals. He has some way to go before he's in the same league as kenny and suarez but he's definitely looking at promotion.