You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - 2:15pm, 06/11/16 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

Another great win and performance by the boys. Teams we used to struggle against dont pose the same obstacle right now. It doesnt seem to matter if they sit back, we open them up. If they try to go toe to toe, we just out pass them.

Quite frankly, I think this is the best Liverpool passing side Ive seen in nearly 50 years. The one twos, the little triangles, they are all there. What might be lacking is the longish ball through ball similar to what Rush or even Hunt used to thrive on. But with this shorter passing game, is it really missed? I dont think so.

That said, a few wayward passes rather than watford themselves stopped us taking the lead before we did but my word, what a header by Mane to break the deadlock maybe, just maybe as a few people in the crowd were starting to get a little apprehensive.

And then within minutes, the little brazilian magician had made it two and daylight between the sides. To be fair to watford, they did still pose a few questions not least ably helped by a fussy official.

Im not sure if gomez saw the writing on the wall after Coutinho's goal and thought fuck this for a game of soldiers, Im off for an early bath when he went down after the ball had gone in the net! still, even if gomez and pontilimon had bothe been in goal for the second half, I dont think they would have stopped us adding more.

The final score of 6-1 didnt really do us credit. We missed or rather pontilimon made several good saves to prevent the scoreline being higher.

No doubt those in the media will drone on about Liverpool not being able to keep a clean sheet. its either that or we cant defend free kicks. or is it corners?

True, the manner we conceeded is disappointing. milner really should have done better when challenged for the ball. It looked like he was fouled but the ref was having none of it and maybe milner tried to make the most of it instead of really trying to clear the ball? From the resultant farce a cross come over and looked to give karius no chance.

The goal seemed to give watford hope, not sure if it was slim hope or bob hope but they pressed on and it was good to see karius be equal to them with several good saves under pressure.

Once again though, we find fucking international football interupts our rhythm. hopefully no one returns from international duty with an injury but dont hold your breath.

So, Southampton it is as the next league opponents. You'd like to back the boys in this one too but away at southampton has never really been a fixture I look forward to. Hopefully the steamroller that is Liverpool continues.

• Upvote 3

Anybody think sturridge might be off in January,is there any need for him now and if not how much would we get and who would be his replacement,obviously Klopp doesn't see him starting 11

He rightfully isn't in the first XI, but he has a part to play and I hope he doesn't leave. If he does go and we sign a replacement, it'll be a proper back up for Firmino, a sort of false nine. I think number nines are dying out.

Could well see Sturridge moving on at the end of the season.

He's not first name on the teamsheet by a long chalk. He's not a pressing player in the style Klopp wants. Although he was desparately unlucky not to score, he was back on his heels a couple of times when he should have been more alert.

He's getting 15 - 30 minute run outs in the league. Firmino is rightly keeping him out of the side and I dont think Sturridge would bring anything to the side playing out wide.

learn English you cretin. 

Well why don't you then? A sentence starts with a capital letter not lower case as in your example. At least I've the excuse of a shite lenovo keyboard!

Just bury your head in a boiling vat of tar you precious cunt.

"GTFO"? What kind of mong uses that abbreviation?

Bit harsh to question Sturridge's teamwork today too.

He was dropping into the channels, passing the ball, played a few lovely little passes and 1-2's around the Watford box.

I think that the reason we only scored 1 when Sturridge came on is more attributable to us dropping down a gear or 5, rather than to an individuals effect on the team shape and levels of performance.

it was the fact that Lallana has gone off.  

Seriously though, what a great team performance.  Sturridge actually did very well when he came on.   It was a weird start, we took a while to get going and we looked a bit vulnerable.  Once we started to click, we were unstoppable.   

Guest Pistonbroke

Does Pistonbroke have the capacity to not be an enraged douchebag for just one day? Fuck sake, calm down.

The likes of Jimmy and yourself don't get the irony. I'm fine leaving it for other threads though, no point spoiling everyone's enjoyment of today's result.