You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - 2:15pm, 06/11/16 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

Indeed. Klopp and his staff can go in the summer

Why be so generous to let Klopp run amok with this outrageous idea of playing without a striker until the summer. January is the time to change managers.

I'm not sure what Ardja is seeing, it's the system that is key and Firmino is integral.

He's seeing an antiquated version of football where you have defenders midfielders and strikers and the intention of a team is dictated by how many of each you have (5 defenders = defensive, 5 attackers = attacking)

turns out football is going through another revolution, quite whether the striker will go the same way as the half back remains to be seen though.

• Upvote 1

It's fucking awesome is this. Teams are coming to Anfield trying to hussle us and press but they can't cope with the fitness levels, the ground we cover and the way we interchange. By rights we should at least be in the top 3 come May. The only way I'll get excited by a title challenge is if we're 7 points clear with 3 games to go. 2014 hurt like hell and to lose it like we did was cruel so I refuse to get carried away with title talk.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It's not his teamwork, it's just that Firmino knows how to make the pitch really small for the opposition, and then we have players like Mane and Coutinho closing down behind. Firmino is key.

I'm not sure what Ardja is seeing, it's the system that is key and Firmino is integral.

Yep, Bobby will still get slated by some because he misses chances, but he scores and assists enough, even some top class forwards miss chances yet get lauded for scoring the winner in a tight game. The formation we play means we dominate and create loads, Bobby fits it perfectly, why the fuck anyone would want to change that is beyond me. Oh hang on, their opinions seem more important than actually enjoying a great performance and result. 

I'm chuffed to fuck I was wrong about questioning the signing of Milner, in fact I'm going to flay my cock later.

It's fucking awesome is this. Teams are coming to Anfield trying to hussle us and press but they can't cope with the fitness levels, the ground we cover and the way we interchange. By rights we should at least be in the top 3 come May. The only way I'll get excited by a title challenge is if we're 7 points clear with 3 games to go. 2014 hurt like hell and to lose it like we did was cruel so I refuse to get carried away with title talk.

That's just it mate. We are easily the fittest team in the league. The pressing is beyond comparison. See the size of Deeney compared to Milner who is about 5 years older then him. Klopp is an absolute dream. Mané is the signing of the summer and we are just fucking electrifying.
  • Upvote 1

He's seeing an antiquated version of football where you have defenders midfielders and strikers and the intention of a team is dictated by how many of each you have (5 defenders = defensive, 5 attackers = attacking)

turns out football is going through another revolution, quite whether the striker will go the same way as the half back remains to be seen though.

Turn it up. A brilliant performance today... We did play some mesmerising football against Chelsea and Leicester too with Sturridge leading the line. I do agree that the forward spot is now Firmino's to lose.

Guest Pistonbroke

That's just it mate. We are easily the fittest team in the league. The pressing is beyond comparison. See the size of Deeney compared to Milner who is about 5 years older then him. Klopp is an absolute dream. Mané is the signing of the summer and we are just fucking electrifying.

All Klopp's teams have been the same, especially Dortmund. They did however run out of steam around February and we don't have the winter break, hopefully we can buck that trend and strengthen the squad in January. Having no European football will also help big time. 

From their forum:

People calling for Walter's head on Twitter. I hate Watford fans. A really bad, embarrassing game yes, but we've had our best start ever to a PL season. We've just come off a run of 7 points and conceding no goals. We beat United 3-1.

We have obvious issues we need to address. We're struggling going forward, but we're being held back by injuries. The squad looks like we're lacking in certain areas, but hopefully after the International break we'll have Okaka, Success, Cathcart & Prodl back. That'll make a huge difference. A game to forget, but I don't doubt we'll be the last team that Liverpool do that too.

Love this from another poster:

Ighalo, in my eyes, is done. He offers absolutely ****ing nothing. It's ok to play with 10 men against similar sides like Swansea, Man Utd and Hull, but against a good team - this is what happens.

• Upvote 1

original.gif

• Upvote 2