You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One Great Album Wonders

xerxes

get out of where? it's no boho bedwetter my Dad was a projectionist on Hancocks Half Hour so i've got airtime and a social circle with some instruments somewhere and a life viewpoint based on that. i'll grant you that.

Not sure what this means, but it hasn't changed the fact that Hard-Fi were average at best.

You all know that there have been albums released after 2004, right?

Unless we've all realised that all albums released after 2004 have been universally shite.

Yep but we all still believe that Justin Bieber, Robin Thicke and Rebecca Black will produce second great albums soon and disqualify themselves from the thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Red Hot Chilli Peppers nearly qualify as there is 1 great album if you add up the best of Californication & By the way.

Aside from under the bridge, I don't rate their earlier stuff.

Chili Peppers remind me of Foo Fighters in so far that their albums are all patchy as fuck but with a scattering of great songs here and there.

The Libertines - Up the Bracket - Far better than their second record. 

The Modern Lovers - self titled - Classic one album wonder before Jonathan Richman went solo

The Vines - Highly Evolved - Never replicated the energy of that record again

The Von Bondies - Pawn Shoppe Heart - Disbanded and then became shit