You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

• 2 weeks later...

I bought FIFA 18. Was on sale for £18 and the world cup update is coming so thought I'd give it a go. Really enjoying it. Managed to beat Real Madrid 6-0 so I'm pretending that's what really happened in real life.

Will.be getting Mario Tennis when it comes out next month. Just hoping it isn't TOO gimmicky. Love tennis games but can't be arsed with all that role play stuff the Japs seem to shoehorn into games.

I can't wait to have a go, got my daughter one for her birthday but I have to wait until 8th June. Got her Mario kart, Donkey Kong and Kirby Star Allies.

Mario Kart is a great game. Also good for young kids as it has a couple of assist modes you can turn on. Even my 4 year old has given it a go.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent my gold on top of the current discount to pick up FIFA 18 for about the same price. I wouldn't recommend it.

Should have Crash arrive tomorrow, so between the two it'll be getting snapped soon enough.

Picked FIFA up myself last week. Awful handling.

I like when players switch into a teammates position but then don't switch back for 20-30 minutes so you end up with Gini at centre back and Matip playing attacking midfield.  The button sensitivity isn't there like with the other consoles and so passing is pretty unpredictable (pass to the person in front of you or the one 50 yards away).  Defending is a mess and the goalkeeper AI is non-existent.

Will play through a season or so and run through the world cup, maybe dabble with the player career a bit.  I'll get my money's worth and never buy another. 

EA has taken years to get FIFA to any decent standard and even then it tends to jump from average to very good. The latest FIFA is very good at times but the previous FIFA was for me personally a bit of a mess. 

As soon as I heard it was coming on Switch I knew it was best to be swerved as if it's ever any good it will take a while and it's just not worth buying it until it works.

At E3, reporters say that FIFA on the Switch is the most improved of any format. Apparently it still lacks the options of the PS4 or XBOX but the gameplay is just as good.

I see it’s out 28/9.

Personally, I like the current Switch version, but I’ve barely played a console football since PES on the PS2.

• 3 weeks later...

EA has taken years to get FIFA to any decent standard and even then it tends to jump from average to very good. The latest FIFA is very good at times but the previous FIFA was for me personally a bit of a mess. 

As soon as I heard it was coming on Switch I knew it was best to be swerved as if it's ever any good it will take a while and it's just not worth buying it until it works.

FIFA on Switch does not use the Frostbite engine. It plays like the PS3 Fifa 14. EA don't intend on using Frostbite for 19 either so this game is just a waste of money.

Hollow knight, what a brilliant game. 

Just started this, looks a lot of fun and runs well undocked. Haven't seen it docked yet but it doesn't seem to be a game that needs to run really well to be enjoyed. The sort of game the Switch was made for.