You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

Up to the 4th Devine Beast in Zelda now.

Is it straight to Gannon after that or are the more main objectives?

I’ve not really done any of the side quests yet, once I’ve done the Gerudo Divine Beast, I think I’ll do a few more of those of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Zelda. Once I got the 4 Devine Beasts, I had get a few more Spirit Orbs to give me enough strength to get the Master Sword in Korok Forest and then onto Hyrule Castle.

What me made me laugh was there was such a big song and dance in the game about getting the 4 Devine Beasts and getting the Master Sword but, technically, you don't need any of them to finish the game. Although it'd be incredibly hard, it's theoretically possible to rock straight up to Hyrule Castle & defeat Gannon. All the dungeons in Hyrule Castle do is serve to make sure you've got enough weapons & food to defeat him.

You certainly don't need the Master Sword. I used it in the Castle but when I got to Gannon, I beat him with Bomb Arrows and your don't need it once you get outside the castle to finish the fight either.

Still, if you try that, your missing out getting lost in one of the greatest console games ever made. Absolutely brilliant game all round.

Bonus was I finished it in enough time to get it sold on eBay just in time to buy Donkey Kong on Friday.

• Upvote 2

Was this the Shock arrow fella? Just did him the other day, bit of an arsehole.

Yes. He has a mate in Tabatha Tundra who just as big an asshole & then 2 more mates in Hyrule Castle - one was easily enough dispatched of, I had to run away from the other one!

Yes. He has a mate in Tabatha Tundra who just as big an asshole & then 2 more mates in Hyrule Castle - one was easily enough dispatched of, I had to run away from the other one!

Think I met the tundra one randomly while exploring, there are a few others around the map with less HP, but I haven't managed any of them yet.  Looking forward to giving them a slap at some point.

i must have used 160 hours on Zelda and ive not killed Gannon yet, ive defeated all of the four "minibosses" but just havent bothered going for Gannon yet.

He’s not that hard to beat to be honest.

I'm seeing good reviews for the new Donkey Kong game. Is it a remake/remaster of the game on Wii U? Never played that but that received good reviews too.

Donkey Kong is pretty good. I don’t think it seems difficult. Unfortunately I think I’ll run through it pretty quickly, I don’t see me going back to get extra bonuses like Mario & Zelda

Thinking about it a bit more, Donkey Kong is a fine game, but it’s nowhere the same league as Mario or Zelda.

I suppose it was never going to be but seeing they are the only 2 games I’ve played since Xmas......it’s a bit of a come down.

Is Rayman legends any good?

Seen a bundle with that and Mario Kart.

It's a bit long in the tooth and it does get a bit samey but it's very good fun while it lasts.

And I won my 1st online race in Mario Kart tonight...only took me about 70 races.

What a time to be alive.

Impossible. Impossible. The closest i've come to first was the other day when i was 2nd closing in on first near the end. I got hit by something (shell maybe, can't remember) and ended up finishing about 9th. 

It's impossible. Even if i've got a star other racers seem to be going just as fast as me without a star. I'll have a lap where i've got mushrooms and stars and will barely move up the rankings. Or you'll be bear the front and get taken out and will end up at the back. 

Battle Mode is different though, i'm pretty handy on that. Maybe it's more balanced, dunno.