You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

55 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Mario Party superstars it is!

My bank accounts gonna get absolutely bummed to bits buying games twice.

Use www.dekudeals.com for discounts on physical and digital games. You can get massive savings through it.

Unfortunately first party games generally don't get discounted much but AAA and Indie third parties can go down as much as 90%. I've picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris for £3, Star Atlas for £9 and Mario vs Rabbids for £6. Games don't have to be expensive. Part of the fun is getting these super deals.

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just pulled the trigger on Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA in the NY sale. Good reviews and £16 for a 40+ hour game. Haven't played a none FF RPG for any a year so looking forward to getting started. 

Brilliant game, that. Loads of that type on switch too. Just ask my PayPal account.

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Brilliant game, that. Loads of that type on switch too. Just ask my PayPal account.

Just smashed the first 3 hours. Really fun, never used a battle system similar, it's really intuitive and I'm getting the hang of the dodges etc. 

Nice learning curve and if you die, which I have a couple of times, you regen at the last crystal you touch which is always before a boss battle. Enjoy the side quests about making the camp better too using materials. 

If the first 3 hours are anything to go by then it's £16 well spent. 

22 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just smashed the first 3 hours. Really fun, never used a battle system similar, it's really intuitive and I'm getting the hang of the dodges etc. 

Nice learning curve and if you die, which I have a couple of times, you regen at the last crystal you touch which is always before a boss battle. Enjoy the side quests about making the camp better too using materials. 

If the first 3 hours are anything to go by then it's £16 well spent. 

Similar titles to this would be Octopath Traveller, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles II and Monster Hunter Rise. Some of them are often on sale - Ni No Kuni has been £7! That was made in conjection with Studio Gibli who make a lot of famous Japanse cartoons.

I know far too much about this shit!

10 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Similar titles to this would be Octopath Traveller, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles II and Monster Hunter Rise. Some of them are often on sale - Ni No Kuni has been £7! That was made in conjection with Studio Gibli who make a lot of famous Japanse cartoons.

I know far too much about this shit!

Repped for weeaboo knowledge. Love a bit of Gibli so will keep my eye out for Ni No Kuni. 

Fenyx rising looks decent as well. 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Repped for weeaboo knowledge. Love a bit of Gibli so will keep my eye out for Ni No Kuni. 

Fenyx rising looks decent as well. 

That’s very good. I have played it on Xbox series and it’s stunning. Although I have it on switch, Zelda breath of the wild is superior in every way. Fenyx is heavily influenced by it.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

That’s very good. I have played it on Xbox series and it’s stunning. Although I have it on switch, Zelda breath of the wild is superior in every way. Fenyx is heavily influenced by it.

Hear Zelda his the stand out. Hence it's price tag! I don't get much of a chance to play out of termtime so try to keep it budget. 

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Hear Zelda his the stand out. Hence it's price tag! I don't get much of a chance to play out of termtime so try to keep it budget. 

I’ve seen fenyx rising for £13 somewhere 

You can collect instore at game and get it as part of 2 for £20. It’s £5 home delivery but I hear they give £5 in store to promote store collection. Very good deal.

the games to choose from are here

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/deals/offer-14?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=3274037:digidip+x+deal+sites&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=svunC25memk&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-3AtU4s30hc0XXMfyZxGaEg

On 04/01/2022 at 13:40, Paulie Dangerously said:

Yeah it shows up on dekudeals frequently. It was a toss up between that and Ys for me so once I'm done with Ys ill have a look what is on offer. Can't cope with more than one at a time!

Fenyx Rising is now £13 on amazon. It doesn’t happen often, snap it up.

13 hours ago, Elite said:

Fenyx is great fun. My 5 year loves it as well.

Gonna get into that when I finish Ys VIII, which I have to say I'm really enjoying. I've just got it on normal mode and the bases are challenging. It jts very much a "get killed? Don't worry, have another go" style game which suits me. More like an interactive film. 

Tempted to get the subtitled goose game 

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Gonna get into that when I finish Ys VIII, which I have to say I'm really enjoying. I've just got it on normal mode and the bases are challenging. It jts very much a "get killed? Don't worry, have another go" style game which suits me. More like an interactive film. 

Tempted to get the subtitled goose game 

Magical title, £8.99 and that is only the second time it’s ever been on sale. I’ve picked it up because I missed it first time and that was over a year ago.

I’ve also today picked up Mr DRILLER Drilland reduced from £15.99 to £3.99, rave reviews

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mr-driller-drillland

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! Software is £8 on eshop and the Taiko drum is available for about £25 at the minute. Usually the package is 60+ tempted as I used to love Donkey Konga on the game cube 

I've picked up the game, as you say it's normally very expensive but not going down the drum kit road. You can use the joy cons as drum sticks.

Also story of seasons was a steal, the game that influenced animal crossing for £8.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2022 at 23:33, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've picked up the game, as you say it's normally very expensive but not going down the drum kit road. You can use the joy cons as drum sticks.

Also story of seasons was a steal, the game that influenced animal crossing for £8.

Drum arrived today. Well worth getting as the joy com drum sticks was a bit buggy for me. Immediately ordered another one so we can do family battles. 

Another underwhelming Direct…

This Mario Kart thing has annoyed me. The Switch game is already a tarted up version of a 2014 Wii U game.

So really all they’ve done in 8 years is redesign some old courses & charged full price for Deluxe and then another £25 for some more target price up courses.

5 years since Mario Odyssey & BOTW1 (which in itself is a port), 8 years since anything original in Mario Kart, a Donkey Kong port, no Metroid Prime…. I know Nintendo like taking their time but fuck me.

I read the other day some Nintendo Executive saying the Switch is halfway through its lifecycle. Seems to me they are happy to let the Switch rumble on with minimal first party games and are already focusing on Switch 2 or whatever. 

Like a sucker, no doubt I’ll be buying the MK DLC.