You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Bow before me, for I am your king. 

We should get some codes exchanged for some Mario Kart fun. 

Considering getting Warioware as had it for the Wii, gba and the gamecube and it was boss. 

20211023_105032.jpg

I'd be up for some Mario kart shenanigans. Is warioware on the Switch? 

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I finally got a switch ordered, purely because this is out in November :

For the time being I got my third copy of FFXII (also have it on PS2, PS4) to play. Would've got Astral Chain instead but short of cash at the moment.

Lite, OLED or Original?

55 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Lite, OLED or Original?

It's a 2nd hand original-type one off ebay but with improved battery life. I don't think the battery will make a big difference as I should mainly be using a monitor but I was looking for a grey one and it had that with it.

The Switch arrived today, I got lucky as well as it looks brand new so that was neat. I've started up FFXII so far to try it handheld and it looks good. I also decided to check the e-shop for any cheap games. I almost got Dex physical instead of FFXII as a first cheaper game, an old 2D cyberpunk platformer, glad I didn't though as it's under £2 on the shop! If anyone else is interested because it has 90% off the normal price it has less than 8 hours left and it's here : https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Dex-1803806.html#Overview

Trailer :

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The Switch arrived today, I got lucky as well as it looks brand new so that was neat. I've started up FFXII so far to try it handheld and it looks good. I also decided to check the e-shop for any cheap games. I almost got Dex physical instead of FFXII as a first cheaper game, an old 2D cyberpunk platformer, glad I didn't though as it's under £2 on the shop! If anyone else is interested because it has 90% off the normal price it has less than 8 hours left and it's here : https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Dex-1803806.html#Overview

Trailer :

www.dekudeals.com is the place to go for cheap deals on the Switch...

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Trailer :

Repped. Just bought this 

• Upvote 1

On 29/10/2021 at 23:36, Paulie Dangerously said:

Repped. Just bought this 

Awesome, I still haven't played it yet but I've been playing Ninja Gaiden on the PS4. The only thing I've actually done so far on the switch is get to the first save point on FFXII, but I'll probably get on it later as I've not even tried playing on a monitor yet either.

Played dex for about an hour. Not for me. Reviews sat to stick with it but I might come back to it later on. 

Let me know what FFXII is like on the switch @Red Phoenix the last modern one I played was 10 and I lost my way with the franchise until I downloaded 6 onto a GBA emulator and played it to death. Quality game. 

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Played dex for about an hour. Not for me. Reviews sat to stick with it but I might come back to it later on. 

Let me know what FFXII is like on the switch @Red Phoenix the last modern one I played was 10 and I lost my way with the franchise until I downloaded 6 onto a GBA emulator and played it to death. Quality game. 

FFXII has been great with the switch on handheld, I'm still only 4-5 hours in so far but it's one of my fave RPG games so always easy for me to play. It's different to other FF's around that time I think because of the way you see enemies in the world and there's no random fights, and the battle system is more real time but with managing other characters and when they use skills and items by using a gambit system in the settings (that you can also turn off for any character if you want). If you see any gameplay of it you should know what I mean more. You can also speed it up by pressing both shoulder buttons to 2x or 4x (changed in settings) so any grinding/levelling can be done a lot faster.

I tried it on the monitor but it's not at 1080p so a little blurry which means that I'm best using my PS4 version in that way. I'd never played it handheld until this though and I've really liked it, makes the slight blur on the graphics almost a non-issue as well.

Still not played Dex either but I mainly got that for the story/setting and every so often I'll try a 2D platformer out again, even though I've not got into one for ages. Last ones I tried were Bloodstained Ritual of the Night and Axiom Verge but didn't last long on either like you with Dex. Axiom seemed more interesting though and I might go back to that in future, will try Dex later too hopefully.

45 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

FFXII has been great with the switch on handheld, I'm still only 4-5 hours in so far but it's one of my fave RPG games so always easy for me to play. It's different to other FF's around that time I think because of the way you see enemies in the world and there's no random fights, and the battle system is more real time but with managing other characters and when they use skills and items by using a gambit system in the settings (that you can also turn off for any character if you want). If you see any gameplay of it you should know what I mean more. You can also speed it up by pressing both shoulder buttons to 2x or 4x (changed in settings) so any grinding/levelling can be done a lot faster.

I tried it on the monitor but it's not at 1080p so a little blurry which means that I'm best using my PS4 version in that way. I'd never played it handheld until this though and I've really liked it, makes the slight blur on the graphics almost a non-issue as well.

Still not played Dex either but I mainly got that for the story/setting and every so often I'll try a 2D platformer out again, even though I've not got into one for ages. Last ones I tried were Bloodstained Ritual of the Night and Axiom Verge but didn't last long on either like you with Dex. Axiom seemed more interesting though and I might go back to that in future, will try Dex later too hopefully.

I've read about the FFXII battle system  being good with automatic gambit instructions for the AI. Is it as simple as "if party member is under 20% HP cast cure" and "attack enemy with lowest hp" that kind of thing? 

Might give it a go. My switch time is limited to weekends and some evenings apart from school holidays so usually stick to quick burst games like tetris and Mario Kart, but I do have a hankering for a big FF game. 

27 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've read about the FFXII battle system  being good with automatic gambit instructions for the AI. Is it as simple as "if party member is under 20% HP cast cure" and "attack enemy with lowest hp" that kind of thing? 

Might give it a go. My switch time is limited to weekends and some evenings apart from school holidays so usually stick to quick burst games like tetris and Mario Kart, but I do have a hankering for a big FF game. 

Yep that's it, there's tons of options as well that you can buy from different shops and as you get more skills. So you can have a character cast a healing spell or use an item when a character is under 90% health, 80%, 70%, etc, or use any skill they have or item to attack, or cast protection spells, attack same enemy as party leader or not, use a spell or item to remove status effects like poison, slow, etc, and so on. It can take a while to get the skills and gambits you need but works really well once you're used to it.

Been a bit naughty and got a good deal on the white Switch OLED including Metroid Dread for less than the normal RRP of the Swith OLED. Couldn't resist the deal. The screen in handheld is bigger and much clearer, with the colours really jumping off the screen. 

Nakana are running a sale on the eshop, picked up about six or seven titles including Stilstand, Journey of the Broken Circle, Cosmic Top Secret & Lydia. Reduced from between £3 and £10, some decent titles in here. Stilstand is apparently winning lots of awards for it's content and the nature of the game. Just search for Nakana on the eshop to get to them all.

• 4 weeks later...

Playing Fenyx Rising and Alien Isolation at the moment. My little girl has been playing Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Loving this console.

Battered my 12 year old nephew at super tennis this evening as well! The games are fucking massive these days. I’m about 30 hours into Fenyx Rising and still nowhere near finished.

Havent even started on BOTW or Mario Odyssey yet.

• 4 weeks later...

KidD got Super Mario Party for Christmas. It's brilliant. Infinitely playable, loads of modes and tons of laughs. It has the same algorithm Mario Kart of rewarding last place with ludicrous power ups and bonuses which are frustrating as fuck unless it's you! 

Sounds like an advert but have been playing it with a 7yo and a 74yo today and we've been laughing all day. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Got the kids switchs at Xmas, mainly so I could play them. Got the originals as I didn't think the oleds would be worth it for them, especially as I was buying 2.

Wario ware or super Mario party? Which is best?

Warioware Get It Together has a demo

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/WarioWare-Get-It-Together--1987424.html

I suspect multiplayer is somehow restricted to one console. If so might be worth considering getting both games. Shopto.net sell physical games at a discount. Currently only £5 difference in price although RRP of mario party is higher. Also worth noting there are two mario party games…Mario Party Superstars gets far stronger reviews.

https://www.shopto.net/en/swwa64-warioware-get-it-together-p1145052/

https://www.shopto.net/en/search/?input_search=Mario+party

both titles received similar reviews, with some good features but also some problems. Wouldn’t surprise if they were developed alongside each other by the same teams.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Got the kids switchs at Xmas, mainly so I could play them. Got the originals as I didn't think the oleds would be worth it for them, especially as I was buying 2.

Wario ware or super Mario party? Which is best?

My 7yo found WW too fast and frantic to keep up with, but I found the demo brilliant. 

Party is a slower pace, mini games are explained before you get thrown into them and there are loads of different vs and coop modes. Believe there are cool things you can do if you have 2 con doles as well.