You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there's another decent sale on. Not sure I can be arsed buying any more games though - I buy them and never play them. I'd like something like BOTW but I haven't got the time - I always end up playing either Rocket League or firing up the PS3 for GTA5. Or just flicking through all the retro stuff I've got on the Vita.

I got Saints Row 3 the other week but have given up with it already. 

I do think the Switch is lacking sports games. What is give for NHL 94! 

Project Ola is the next iteration of Switch, imaginatively called Switch Pro. Possible larger screen, 4K output and faster CPU. More of an upgrade to the existing system than a new version. 

On 07/01/2021 at 21:45, Fluter in Dakota said:

Project Ola is the next iteration of Switch, imaginatively called Switch Pro. Possible larger screen, 4K output and faster CPU. More of an upgrade to the existing system than a new version. 

I've never been one for the tech arms race. Looks like those days of big generational jumps are over. There's room for improvement for AI in games though I'm not sure if that's tech or just man power and hours put into development. 

On 14/01/2021 at 20:47, johnsusername said:

Back into Mario Odyssey. What a game.

Insanely good. That & BOTW are two of the best games ever made.

I always wonder why Nintendo don’t churn out a sequel of each franchise every year, like Call Of Duty or something. 

I’m sure they’d shift more consoles if they did. Although they don’t have an issue moving Switch’s at the moment. 

I suppose it’s ruin the “event” of a brand new Mario or Zelda game and that they’ve tried to plug the gaps with Hyrule Warriors & All Stars 3D etc.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Insanely good. That & BOTW are two of the best games ever made.

I always wonder why Nintendo don’t churn out a sequel of each franchise every year, like Call Of Duty or something. 

I’m sure they’d shift more consoles if they did. Although they don’t have an issue moving Switch’s at the moment. 

I suppose it’s ruin the “event” of a brand new Mario or Zelda game and that they’ve tried to plug the gaps with Hyrule Warriors & All Stars 3D etc.

Is it still a case of call of duty being developed by two different studios?

47 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Is it still a case of call of duty being developed by two different studios?

CoD is multiple studios each year these days - The main devs swap between Treyarch and Infinity Ward, but Raven (For Warzone) & Sledgehammer are heavily involved every year now too. Sledgehammer did their own CoD a few years back, WW2, so it was a 3 year studio cycle, but it looks like they are in a supporting role now.

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just bit the bullet and ordered one with Animal crossing for the little one, mario kart for me and fitness ring for both of us. 

The fitness ring is fantastic, it can be used as a fun RPG or a proper workout tool. At the moment I'm using it as a proper workout tool and it gets pretty intense.

Animal Crossing is surprisingly educational. Great for reading, learning and associating fun with the two. It's the best seeling game on the Switch; at last count it had sold over 31 million copies.

Mario Kart is Mario Kart.

25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The fitness ring is fantastic, it can be used as a fun RPG or a proper workout tool. At the moment I'm using it as a proper workout tool and it gets pretty intense.

Animal Crossing is surprisingly educational. Great for reading, learning and associating fun with the two. It's the best seeling game on the Switch; at last count it had sold over 31 million copies.

Mario Kart is Mario Kart.

Boss. Me and a few mates are on a weight loss kick so thought it would help. The little one is a great reader and used to watch me play AC:WW on my ds emulator on my phone. She will love all the characters and that and I assume it'll teach her vile lessons about mortgages as we struggle to pay off Tom Nook the loan shark crook. 

13 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Boss. Me and a few mates are on a weight loss kick so thought it would help. The little one is a great reader and used to watch me play AC:WW on my ds emulator on my phone. She will love all the characters and that and I assume it'll teach her vile lessons about mortgages as we struggle to pay off Tom Nook the loan shark crook. 

Things start to get interesting when you are able to buy turnips on a Sunday and you can then sell them in the store. The prices of turnips change twice a day, most of the time they stay below the buying price but perhaps once or twice a week it goes above (sometimes by a lot) and you can make a big return. They call it The Stalk Market. 

I've definitely lost weight on the ring fit and it's very clever in that it can tell if you are doing the exercise well. It rewards you for good form by delivering heavier blows to the enemies. It's very motivating to get feedback for your efforts. 

On 16/02/2021 at 11:18, Shooter in the Motor said:

Things start to get interesting when you are able to buy turnips on a Sunday and you can then sell them in the store. The prices of turnips change twice a day, most of the time they stay below the buying price but perhaps once or twice a week it goes above (sometimes by a lot) and you can make a big return. They call it The Stalk Market. 

I've definitely lost weight on the ring fit and it's very clever in that it can tell if you are doing the exercise well. It rewards you for good form by delivering heavier blows to the enemies. It's very motivating to get feedback for your efforts. 

Did the first two levels. Of ring fit yesterday and worked up. A good sweat. It was fun too, I loved the fitness battles as much as I hate squats. 

MrsD and I have been playing Mario kart. I've told her she needs to improve so we can be a power couple. I'm not sold on the autosteering as I feel it limits the shortcuts you can take. The auto acceleration is a a good idea because it saves the constant holding of a button. 

Animal Crossing is fun. KidD just wonders about shaking trees, my character is almost Nook-free of my tent and Mrs D has created a reality in which She goes round weeding and cleaning up after us. Nice little break from the norm for her. 

The hardware feels so cool as well, the satisfying click ins, the controller feedback. We haven't even taken it out of the Dock yet! 

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Did the first two levels. Of ring fit yesterday and worked up. A good sweat. It was fun too, I loved the fitness battles as much as I hate squats. 

MrsD and I have been playing Mario kart. I've told her she needs to improve so we can be a power couple. I'm not sold on the autosteering as I feel it limits the shortcuts you can take. The auto acceleration is a a good idea because it saves the constant holding of a button. 

Animal Crossing is fun. KidD just wonders about shaking trees, my character is almost Nook-free of my tent and Mrs D has created a reality in which She goes round weeding and cleaning up after us. Nice little break from the norm for her. 

The hardware feels so cool as well, the satisfying click ins, the controller feedback. We haven't even taken it out of the Dock yet! 

Is ring fit multi player or only single player ? 

I would like to get it for the daughter but feel she is more likely to play if we are doing it together ?

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Ring Fit does give a good work out and you can move up and down difficulties if required too. It's very well made and the hardware seems like it's pretty robust. Right now I'm stuck on the end of Level 3 as I need to increase the number of energy boosts I can buy, which means most likely going back through the levels to increase the number of rings to pick up. It feels achievable but like any exercise I need to go back on myself to improve performance.

Animal Crossing is a lot of fun and can see why it's so popular. Theres's a good amount of achievement possible, best to ask the Tom Nook what to do next and he'll give clues how to progress. Getting a fishing rod and net will help to boost buying power and with every achievement, they'll be able to tell you what to do next. It's very informative too, especially when the museum is opened up and there is information on the animals, fossils and fish.

Mario Kart has always been one of the best racers on Nintendo and the Switch version is just so smooth.

Great that it's being enjoyed.

40 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Is ring fit multi player or only single player ? 

I would like to get it for the daughter but feel she is more likely to play if we are doing it together ?

It's one player at a time but there's nothing stopping you from swapping the controls from one person to another so that levels can be shared. You can also set up different profiles so two people can use it, but it's only going to be one person at a time.

The 9 year old had me watching the announcements on You Tube last night at 10pm.  Usual guff with the odd Mario/Zelda game thrown in, until they announced the retro pack with 1943, Ghosts & Goblins, Street Fighter 2 and Commando.  Picking that fucker up the moment it's released.

Direct a little disappointing last night I thought. Remastered Skyward Sword but I've already got that on Wii.

Remastered Ninja Gaiden collection.

Splatoon 3 but never played 1 or 2. 

Interested in Mario Golf. I just hope you can play normal golf - Mario Tennis was ruined cos you can't just have a normal game of tennis, it's all power ups and shit.

I would love a sequel to Wii Sports Resort. I still play it now!