You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Has anyone got Alien Isolation? I might pull the trigger it's 30% off. 

I haven't played it on Switch but have played it on PS4. To be honest it's kind of dull, very atmospheric and scary but it's more like a walking simulator than a first person shooter. It's difficult and frustrating. If you like the idea of playing a game along the lines of the original Alien movie you may like it.

30% off? If the retail is £40 does that mean it's £28? Too expensive for me personally. It can be purchased on other systems for less than a tenner.

Edit: it's down to £21. I still think it's a bit pricey. I'd wait until it's below £12.

Just now, johnsusername said:

Yeah that sounds about right. I'll wait til it's 50% off. 

It will go down further as it's not a Nintendo production and most titles non-Nintendo tend to go down more and more over time.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I wouldn't pay more than 15 quid for alien isolation and that's expensive. Nintendo sales are a bit shit. 50 quid game they will knock £1.27 off.

You can find really good deals, they may still be selling the turn based Mario game (Kingdom Battle) for £7.99. I'm sure that retails for £30.

I bought my granddaughter a switch lite and animal crossing for her upcoming birthday. As I can't see her at the moment I had it delivered to my daughter's house and my granddaughter can use it straight away. 

I saw Pacific Wings is only 89p on the Nintendo shop and I loved that game, phoned the daughter to buy it and put it on the granddaughters switch, for when the plague is over. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Today was the first day isolation really made me fed up. So I bought mario kart and me and missus have cheered right up.

Mario Kart is just a brilliant game. It's so well put together, a 10/10 game. 

Have you tried online battle mode yet? It's a proper laugh. 

12 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Mario Kart is just a brilliant game. It's so well put together, a 10/10 game. 

Have you tried online battle mode yet? It's a proper laugh. 

I'm going to have to get on that more, I haven't played it for a while. It is brilliant though.

I've also picked up this little gem - it's like a modern take on Ghosts n Goblins and it's reduced for a few more days from £8.99 to 89p. Volgarr The Viking...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Volgarr-the-Viking-1288718.html#

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/05/2020 at 05:29, Heinze said:

Some animal crossing creator codes for LFC themed stuff - Kit: MO-KV72-H56X-CHN5 Crest: MA-2063-8103-3423

Still not played this, currently on links awakening. Flipping brilliant. 

I remember when they were cutting edge graphics - that and Starwing & Stunt FX were seen as the pinnacle of graphics. 

Look shite now. 

I’m sure I read that’s part of the reason Nintendo aren’t doing N64 & Gamecube downloads the same as the NES & SNES.

The old 2D games keep a niche value, whereas the 3D games just look shite compared to today’s games.

That, and they probably reckon by tarting up the old 3D games and flogging them for £50 each, they’ll make more money. 

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Have you seen it run? It's smooth as fuck. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-virtua-racing-sega-ages-switch-analysis

Beyond 'arcade perfect' - Virtua Racing is a triumph on Switch

It's a fantastic conversion. Are there any other games they have converted from the same period? (Space Harrier was a personal favourite, as was Outrun).

We bought our Son a switch Lite for his birthday at the beginning of the year, recently bought Zelda Breath of the Wild during the lockdown. 

What an incredible game and fascinating to see him roam across the landscape. Spending time watching videos on youtube about all the various quests and things to collect. Takes me back to the 90s and my old Nes & Snes. Amazing to see how engrossed he is in the world. No one makes games like Nintendo.

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

They need to get on with announcing some games for Q4. 

I’ve enjoyed Bioshock but I’d like to look forward to a few new games.

Is Paper Mario out this week?