You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just downloaded Dragon's Dogma, and liking it so far. Reckon it'll last me a while.

Still got Witcher 3, RDR2 and Breath of the Wild on the backburner, mind.

Heard good things about Dragon's Dogma. How much did you pay for that?

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Anyone recommend any indie games? I fancy something about different. 

Pikuniku is reduced from £11 to 89p. Well reviewed on metacritic 75/100. Hard to ignore a deal like that...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, some good news...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

If you can’t be arsed to click it, it basically says to celebrate 35 years of Mario, they are remastering & re-releasing Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, the Mario Galaxies and Mario World 3D, there is a new Paper Mario coming and even though not in the article, a new Mario Kart is rumoured to be the big Christmas game. 

Have to admit, I’m pretty excited about some of these remasters. I won’t have played Mario 64 since 1997 or something and it was an unbelievable game, I’ll have forgotten most of the best bit.

I had Mario Sunshine on the GameCube but it wasn’t the best game, it was merely a 9/10 game rather than a >=9.5/10 game.

The Mario Galaxy games on the Wii were brilliant. I’m not sure how much more powerful the Switch is than the Wii so I’ll be interested to see how much better it looks. Also, it’ll be a bit of a different dynamic without the wand. 

Ive never played Mario World 3D on the Wii-U so I’ll be interested in that. Depending on when they all come out, I’ll be getting that one first.

In summary...

F5E0AEB4-A6F4-4437-BDC2-5F23DD9711EC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Excellent news. I'm assuming Galaxy may only work in docked mode though, to use motion controls?

Sunshine would be great to play again. 

I think there is some motion control on Mario Odyssey so I would assume they will change the game to limit the amount that is exclusive to motion control?

Wonder if there will be any remastered version of Ocarina of Time?

I could never get into Majorca’s Mask or Wind Waker.

A remastered Goldeneye or Perfect Dark would be prettay, prettay, prettay good. Although as Microsoft own Rare these days (or at least they did), probably unlikely.

Sure I read that while 4 is being delayed, they are remastering the Cube remasters of the Metroid Prime games.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Wonder if there will be any remastered version of Ocarina of Time?

I could never get into Majorca’s Mask or Wind Waker.

A remastered Goldeneye or Perfect Dark would be prettay, prettay, prettay good. Although as Microsoft own Rare these days (or at least they did), probably unlikely.

Sure I read that while 4 is being delayed, they are remastering the Cube remasters of the Metroid Prime games.

Wasn't Ocarina of Time released on the 3DS?

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Wasn't Ocarina of Time released on the 3DS?

Might have been. Dunno. A full remaster for the Switch would be unreal.

If they are doing the Galaxy games, they might do Twilight Princess as well. 

On 30/03/2020 at 18:40, Scott_M said:

Finally, some good news...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

If you can’t be arsed to click it, it basically says to celebrate 35 years of Mario, they are remastering & re-releasing Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, the Mario Galaxies and Mario World 3D, there is a new Paper Mario coming and even though not in the article, a new Mario Kart is rumoured to be the big Christmas game. 

Have to admit, I’m pretty excited about some of these remasters. I won’t have played Mario 64 since 1997 or something and it was an unbelievable game, I’ll have forgotten most of the best bit.

I had Mario Sunshine on the GameCube but it wasn’t the best game, it was merely a 9/10 game rather than a >=9.5/10 game.

The Mario Galaxy games on the Wii were brilliant. I’m not sure how much more powerful the Switch is than the Wii so I’ll be interested to see how much better it looks. Also, it’ll be a bit of a different dynamic without the wand. 

Ive never played Mario World 3D on the Wii-U so I’ll be interested in that. Depending on when they all come out, I’ll be getting that one first.

In summary...

F5E0AEB4-A6F4-4437-BDC2-5F23DD9711EC.jpeg

Yeah, agree with all of that. I've never played Mario 64 so would love that. I've also never played Mario Galaxy 2 even though I own it. Never did finish Mario Galaxy 1 and now it's vanished. 

Still haven't finished Mario Odyssey though :/

In the current Switch sale, just picked up Conduct Together 80/100 on metacritic (£17.99 down to 89p) and Serial Cleaner 75/100 on metacritic (£14.99 down to £1.49). Started Conduct Together and it's a great little train puzzle game. £33 worth of games for £2.38!

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

There's a good sale on. Haven't pulled the trigger I keep wondering if I can be bothered starting a new game. 

Looks like there's going to be a load more added to the spring sale on the 9th, so you might want to hold on to your pennies til then. 

I've been playing the Mario Vs Rabbids game with my lad, great fun, I'd recommend it. 

On 03/04/2020 at 14:58, Shooter in the Motor said:

In the current Switch sale, just picked up Conduct Together 80/100 on metacritic (£17.99 down to 89p) and Serial Cleaner 75/100 on metacritic (£14.99 down to £1.49). Started Conduct Together and it's a great little train puzzle game. £33 worth of games for £2.38!

Got Conduct Together yesterday and had a great night with the daughter. Who would have thought a highly educated wonderful father would be unable to press three buttons in the right order repeatedly. I know where the X button is, and only use my left hand to press it, so why do I repeatedly press either A or B with my right hand ?

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Got Conduct Together yesterday and had a great night with the daughter. Who would have thought a highly educated wonderful father would be unable to press three buttons in the right order repeatedly. I know where the X button is, and only use my left hand to press it, so why do I repeatedly press either A or B with my right hand ?

It's really tricky, many times I go to stop a train in a certain place then press the wrong button. Then panic sets in and trains are either stopping and starting everywhere or the dreaded train explosions! It's great fun and multiplayer must be a train hoot!