You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The Switch membership is pretty cheap though, think it’s £18 for the year.

Yex and Tetris 99 is going go make that payment worth it by itself. 

And Nintendo of America appointing a new CEO with the surname of Bowser is stuff of legends. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

My missus has took them to her sisters for two nights and they’ve discovered Just Dance while they’re there, so I’ve been told I need to order that out of their pocket money. No doubt I’ll be getting roped into that rubbish. 

Yeah, like it wasn’t your idea....

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Yeah, like it wasn’t your idea....

Apparently just moving the arm you hold the joy-con with is against the spirit of the game. Beat the high score though. I’ll give it the full beans when my missus is out and I can be absolutely certain she isn’t secretly recording me on her phone. 

They got Mario Kart today as well and ordered Super Mario Bros Deluxe to be delivered through the week. The latter is something I’ll definitely be sneaking a go of. 

9 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Super Mario Bros U deluxe is brilliant. Bought that and the Street fighter anniversary collection yesterday and haven’t been able to turn it off to have a go of street fighter yet. 

A lot harder than I remember Mario being as well.

Glad it’s not just me that thought Mario is harder than it used to be. Going along the levels in 2-player mode makes it even trickier but it’s good fun. 

• Upvote 1

On 02/03/2019 at 23:19, Sugar Ape said:

Super Mario Bros U deluxe is brilliant. Bought that and the Street fighter anniversary collection yesterday and haven’t been able to turn it off to have a go of street fighter yet. 

A lot harder than I remember Mario being as well.

Turns out it gets even harder when you try to play it half cut. Luigi is a fucking prick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to finishing Zelda. Top class game, even if the story needed a but more to it (as in world events to push to you on as you near the end).  Also a shame there wasn't an end state to explore.  The exploration is the core of the game and it never got old, 85 shrines and 170 odd korok seeds.

Considering how grand Zelda had been getting to the end, I thought the end was an anti-climax. I agree it’d have been nice to explore the world again but it was just, yeah, well done, thanks, cut to credits. 

Anybody know whats the expansion pack of it is like? 

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested, I just ordered the following from amazon.de and used my UK account...

New Super Mario Bros U

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild

They were all on a promotion and it checked out at the following prices...

Order overview
Subtotal:
EUR 215.77
Packing & Shipping:
EUR 2.74

Total without VAT:
EUR 109.59
Attributable VAT.:
EUR 43.70

Total:

Voucher redeemed:
-EUR 108.92

Total: 
EUR 153.29
Total bill:
GBP 137.49

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disappointing EE from Nintendo. 

Best news is that there will probably be a new Zelda and Metroid for Xmas 2020.

Witcher 3 looks good. Seen good things about that on the PS4.

Was interested by Contra, loves that on the SNES and DS but looks a bit shite on the Switch. 

Am a bit gutted that Switch has Ultimate Alliance 3 as an exclusive. I have zero interest in the Avengers one which seems to have only a handful of characters and hardly any gameplay at all shown from what I've seen (and I don't like live service stuff at all if i'm wanting to play a single player game), while Ultimate Alliance 3 looks like it has loads of characters to play and like it'd be a lot of fun.

I don't like the graphics as much and would prefer it without more infinity stones stuff, but would instantly pick this if I had the choice of this or Avengers.

Switch has a Panzer Dragoon remake too that I'd like to play. If I ever get one will at least have a good amount of games to choose from. I thought if SMT V ever got released (we've heard nothing in ages now) and I got a Switch there'd only be a few other games I'd be interested in, looks like there'd be quite a lot now though.

Bought Mario Tennis Aces for Turdsette’s birthday, along with the racket thingamajigs. It’s good fun with the kids on ‘Swing Mode’ but it’s way too hard for her as a single player game without the rackets. Fortunately I’m a fan of tennis games so I’ll have to make sure I get my moneys worth. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bought Mario Tennis Aces for Turdsette’s birthday, along with the racket thingamajigs. It’s good fun with the kids on ‘Swing Mode’ but it’s way too hard for her as a single player game without the rackets. Fortunately I’m a fan of tennis games so I’ll have to make sure I get my moneys worth. 

So I guess you'll be making quite a racket?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just purchased Doom 3 on Switch for £7.99 which includes the two expansions for it. It's a very good remaster of the original rather than just a port and to get the expansions in as well, I feel like I have paid too little for it. But nice to feel that way once in a while.

I was hovering over buying Doom 3 yesterday - couldn't see any reviews for it though. Only 8 quid but I've tried to stop just buying games as it's easy to do at the click of a button and Ive got a backlog of games to play (actually have a backlog of systems, less about that though). 

But now I might go and get it now haha. 

8 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I was hovering over buying Doom 3 yesterday - couldn't see any reviews for it though. Only 8 quid but I've tried to stop just buying games as it's easy to do at the click of a button and Ive got a backlog of games to play (actually have a backlog of systems, less about that though). 

But now I might go and get it now haha. 

Doom 3 was one of the first games I managed to complete from beginning to end. It was so atmospheric and scary at the time of it's release and I am more than happy to experience that again on a handheld console. It looks and plays great.