You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

Nintendo scrapping what work they’ve done on Metroid Prime 4 & starting again.

Considering the only proper big name original Switch game from Nintendo is Mario Oddessey (Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong & Mario Bros are tatted up Wii-U games) they need to pull their finger out a bit.

I’d love an F-Zero game.

31 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Considering the only proper big name original Switch game from Nintendo is Mario Oddessey (Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong & Mario Bros are tatted up Wii-U games) they need to pull their finger out a bit.

I’d love an F-Zero game.

Just seen this story, they've also given the development to the makers of the original trilogy's developer and I would imagine they have taken the current developers off it - although Nintendo say it has a new 'lead' developer.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:18 PM, Scott_M said:

I’d love an F-Zero game.

Smash bros ultimate? Fifth Best selling game last year and only released 3 weeks before new year. And they only released physical numbers and not digital and still 5th most sold game of 2018

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 5:18 PM, Scott_M said:

I’d love an F-Zero game.

Fast RMX is pretty good and cheap.

Never got on with the Metroid Prime games. I've got the two on the Gamecube but never early been able to get into them. 

Nintendo really need to pull their finger out with Snes and Gamecube games for the Switch online service. A couple of poor NES games each month isn't cutting it. 

I played through the original Zelda the other day on the Switch NES thing. 

Fuck knows how people managed to complete that without a guide back in the 80s, it's solid. I must have died about 100 times and that was while being a shitbag and running away from getting into fights with baddies. 

Ha. I did play Super Mario Bros 3 for a while but they've messed up the button configuration (and you can't change it), so i ended up playing it mostly through an emulator on my phone (playing the All Stars version from the Snes) with a bluetooth controller where i could map the buttons how i wanted.

Link's Awakening is "some 3DS game"?

Think it was decent enough, Mario Maker 2 is a big one to drop, like Smash it'll sell brilliantly because, like Mario Kart, you'll probably be able to get some play out of it for as long as you have the console. 

Just loaded up Okami HD on Switch and it's a stunning game. Fuck knows what I'm supposed to be doing with it though. Stuck on the bloke standing by the rock and every time I talk to him he says it's probably not safe to leave the village yet, go and find something else to do. OK.

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Not played Mario Kart in about a year. Banged on on-line, won my 5th game back.

Still got it, never lost it.

I've been playing it a bit recently, I've never got better than 3rd online though. 

I didn't realise how much of an impact your character/car makes with regards to speed, acceleration and whatever. So I'm still figuring it out. What setup do you use? 

If it's connected to your wifi then you can access the Nintendo e-shop. There you can buy games which download directly to your Switch. There are also plenty of playable demos - I think it's a search option. Depending on how old the kids are they might be happy just playing demos! I think the new Yoshi game has a demo, as does a Kirby game, Captain Toad, Rayman and Arms (just thinking of games kids might like). 

Nintendo will have some decent online sales so if there's a game you like but it's not on sale, stick it on your watch list and just keep an eye on any sales. Nintendo are always pushing their sales if you go onto the News bit on the Switch. 

• Upvote 1

I set up a Nintendo account and had a look the other night. Downloaded a couple of demos, Rayman being one. It looks decent enough but not something I’d pay £30 for. 

My missus has took them to her sisters for two nights and they’ve discovered Just Dance while they’re there, so I’ve been told I need to order that out of their pocket money. No doubt I’ll be getting roped into that rubbish. 

20 hours ago, Pidge said:

You don't need to pay the fee to use the store, just play online games and the NES library.

You need a ‘Switch Membership’ to play the NES library though, right? I just installed the NES app and it asked me to buy one or take a free trial. 

I’m not particularly arsed as it belongs to the kids and I only join in when they ask me to, but it would be cool to have the occasional blast of Super Mario Bros for old times sake. 

First and foremost I need to get back on RDR2 on the PS. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You need a ‘Switch Membership’ to play the NES library though, right? I just installed the NES app and it asked me to buy one or take a free trial. 

I’m not particularly arsed as it belongs to the kids and I only join in when they ask me to, but it would be cool to have the occasional blast of Super Mario Bros for old times sake. 

First and foremost I need to get back on RDR2 on the PS. 

Yeah, sorry, that should have said "...just to play online games and the NES library".