You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Poor value I think. Best off getting it off very.co.uk before midnight tonight. £50 off and buy now pay in 12 months (or 12 months 0%).

On 11/8/2018 at 8:36 PM, Fugitive said:

Hardly giving them away with the new IPhone are they!

Watch a few videos of it online

Looks a good fun family game. 

Nintendo really do know how to wrap up that family market. Just bought my new TV, nothing special but a lower end Samsung 4k. Will do the job so I'll get the switch in January now as I should have a decent payday with pay for 26 shifts in December

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, skend04 said:

Poor value I think. Best off getting it off very.co.uk before midnight tonight. £50 off and buy now pay in 12 months (or 12 months 0%).

I worked out £360 cost for the switch on the phone I was looking over 2 years 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 11:40 AM, Scal Capone said:

I am so desperately shit at this game, it's a good game, especially for the price, but I am embarrassingly poor at it.

Yeah I stopped playing it, it was doing my head in. I won my last game 4-3 and decided to give it a rest. I've got Resident Evil, LA Noire and Mario Odyssey to play in the meantime.

The problem is, you've got kids who can sink hours/days/weeks into one game learning every skill, trick and nuance in a game, whereas anyone over the age of 25 doesn't/can't/chooses not to. 

Saying that, a couple of times I've played someone clearly around my skill level and had a good game with them. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Out 11/1.

I'm concerned that this may simply be a slightly enhanced remake of the Wii U original. If it was priced as such it would be an essential purchase but I have a feeling it will be full priced to make the profit they would have made first time round if the Wii U had been more successful.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:37 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm concerned that this may simply be a slightly enhanced remake of the Wii U original. If it was priced as such it would be an essential purchase but I have a feeling it will be full priced to make the profit they would have made first time round if the Wii U had been more successful.

Like Doneky Kong Tropically Freeze, I think it is a rehash of the Wii-U game.

I didn’t have a Wii-U so I’ll be getting it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Which Mario? 

I've got Mario Odyssey but i'm yet to really play it.

I got a few games on sale over chrimbo:

The Bunker - FMV type game. Cost about a fiver and played and finished it over a couple of nights and really enjoyed it. If you like 70s/80s British horror then you'll like it.

Legendary Eleven - an okay, simple footy game. Again cost about a fiver so worth it for the odd game.

Fast RMX - a bit like WipeOut. Very fast. A bit unfair. But again, was under a tenner so happy with it.

Mario Odyssey - bought for £33 i think on sale, haven't really played it. Looking forward to it though. Part of me still wants to play and finished Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii which i won but have never played.