You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom (H), 5:30pm, 22/10/16 - F**k Tha Pulis!

Trumo

Maybe if Moreno pays Pulis enough he will be able to score a goal in a comfortable victory. It would probably cost a lot though because he couldn't hit a donkeys arse with a banjo.

As mentioned by someone in the Karius thread the mancs had one corner last night. And that resulted in a more or less free header from 8 yards.

West Brom will cause us all sorts of problems on set pieces. Hopefully we can punish them even more from open play.

They have to actually attack to get corners.

For some irrational reason, as this game approaches it's just making me frustrated all the more with international football. We were playing really well and had some momentum, then it's all disrupted and players get injured and so on.

It's important that we get back into our groove and really get into them. If we press and harry and pass at speed we should carve them open again and again.

We are vulnerable to the set piece, but on the other hand, our defence is getting better and better. I think we've only conceded five goals in the last six games, and there's a lot of evidence piling up to suggest that with Matip in there it's much better.

Ideally Karius adds another clean sheet and continues to grow in confidence. On the downside obviously he looks a bit unsuited to coming off his line to claim it, but then again, if he gets the defence playing 10 yards higher up and we squeeze the life out of them, then in boxing parlance they may not even be able to lay a glove on us. We might be the equivalent of having a glass jaw, but we are such good boxers that it's all irrelevant because they can't get near us. 

I can't see Sturridge starting this one, and he might even be getting further away from the team, as I think I'd rather see Origi come on from the bench before Sturridge. 

Let's get back to winning ways and keep the pressure up at the top. We have a good run of games that are all there to be won. We could even go top of the league at some point in the next few weeks, but one game at a time, and all that. 

Interesting to see how Karius copes tomorrow with Pulis alehouse tactics. Hope he's up to the task and keeps a clean sheet. I'm quite certain we'll win if we defend the set pieces properly as we have enough quality in the final third to hurt the baggies at home. Early goal would settle everybody down and spoil Pulis's park the bus strategy.

If they come at us and attack then I think we may run into some problems. Every game where we've experienced difficulties, it's been because teams decide to squeeze us early on and stop our build-up before we can get a foothold in the match. Plus the more forward-thinking they are, the more set-piece opportunities they will get.

On the other hand, if they decide to sit back for the entire game, then I think we have the quality to eventually get the better of them and West Brom aren't an especially good counter-attacking team as they don't have much pace. An early goal would be just phenomenal and if we do concede it cannot under any circumstances be the first goal of the game.

• Upvote 1