You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pictures you've taken that you think are cool

JohnnyH

Finished eating barbecued sea bass and prawns in garlic butter last night when I noticed the sky was looking pretty cool so headed to a little church about 10 minutes away to take a few photos.

this one came out nicely.

121BDE4F-DA0C-49C7-93FB-158A159AD19C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

44 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Also bought myself a new camera as an early birthday treat. Eos 5d Mk iii arrives on Wednesday.

Any advice on what type of camera a novice could buy to take half decent photos?, can't afford anything to expensive mind. Some of them shown on here are really good, it's something I've thought about for years to get into and I think now is the time to give it a go, 

Some fella in the early 80s in Bootle used to offer his know how in photography to those out of work then, either free or for next to fuck all but I'm sure it was free. 

I wished I'd of done just that as I'd be a bit more knowledgeable now. 

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Finished eating barbecued sea bass and prawns in garlic butter last night when I noticed the sky was looking pretty cool so headed to a little church about 10 minutes away to take a few photos.

this one came out nicely.

121BDE4F-DA0C-49C7-93FB-158A159AD19C.jpeg

Another great pic that mate and please keep em coming but you’re a solid cunt for not taking a picture of the food because that sounds fit 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Any advice on what type of camera a novice could buy to take half decent photos?, can't afford anything to expensive mind. Some of them shown on here are really good, it's something I've thought about for years to get into and I think now is the time to give it a go, 

Some fella in the early 80s in Bootle used to offer his know how in photography to those out of work then, either free or for next to fuck all but I'm sure it was free. 

I considered part Ex-ing mine when I bought my new one. I say new, it’s the 3 generations old version - the latest version it thousands of pounds and I’m paying £800.

anyway, they were offing me £48 for mine, so I’ve kept it as it’ll be handy for trips where I might not feel comfortable with the more expensive and bulky kit.

but anyway, I’d expect you can pick one up for a reasonable price given what they offered me though.

its been good enough for me for a long time, and you can do all you need to with it and certainly great for leaning technique.

its a canon 450d, or rebel as they are sometimes called.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Another great pic that mate and please keep em coming but you’re a solid cunt for not taking a picture of the food because that sounds fit 

It’s was ace mate. Laid the flesh side of the fish on top of slices of lemon and parsley and clamped it inside a fish rack.

Cooked the prawns in butter, tonnes of garlic, some parsley and mushrooms, all in tin foil and thrown on the barbecue.

Tomato, chilli, Lime, coriander and sweetcorn salsa on the side.

i barbecue like a fucking god.

Anyway, here’s the river Ouse in York at sunset from a couple of weeks ago.

3C195218-9824-4DD9-AC5A-A8AD4A8493EB.jpeg

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s was ace mate. Laid the flesh side of the fish on top of slices of lemon and parsley and clamped it inside a fish rack.

Cooked the prawns in butter, tonnes of garlic, some parsley and mushrooms, all in tin foil and thrown on the barbecue.

I am the BBQ lad around these parts. I'll out BBQ you any day of the week. I'm not good at most things but I learnt from my South African mates how to 'Braii" and trust me, when it comes to flaming cooking, I'm your man. 

Now this is the point where people will say that Colin (Lifetime fan) is the flame master but theirs a difference between letting the flames cook your house or letting their be no flame until you pour a bit of beer on to just singe the meat. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I am the BBQ lad around these parts. I'll out BBQ you any day of the week. I'm not good at most things but I learnt from my South African mates how to 'Braii" and trust me, when it comes to flaming cooking, I'm your man. 

Now this is the point where people will say that Colin (Lifetime fan) is the flame master but theirs a difference between letting the flames cook your house or letting their be no flame until you pour a bit of beer on to just singe the meat. 

'Slightly Singed Maisonette' is a delicacy in the Bristol area.

I’ve never been too good with pure landscapes, I prefer architectural/city stuff, but I’m quite pleased how this came out from yesterday’s sunset just down the road from me.

4FEF6974-0E20-40BB-B762-6ED5B05646CB.jpeg

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Where's that? Looks nice there.

It’s about 4 miles down the road from me, outskirts of Wetherby.

if you squint into the distance, roughly in the middle on the horizon you can see the “cow and calf” rock formations in Ilkley.

Marvellous.

• Upvote 1

On 30/05/2020 at 16:30, Bjornebye said:

That may be so but you still mash spuds with the skin on you weirdo.

3 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

New York City

Was supposed to be there in a couple of days...goddam virus.

NYC_Over_The_Wing.jpgCentral_Park_In_Fall_04.jpgCentral_Park_In_Fall_03.jpg

We were supposed to be going in September, the travel agents we booked through have been pretty good and allowed us to rebook next April instead. Hopefully Trump's attempted coup will have been thwarted by then.

• Like 1

Right on my doorstep this. One of the better things about lockdown have been the morning walks. The bluebells don’t  show for very long but when they do, they’re magical. My photography skills really don’t do them justice but I still think they’re cool. 

D4084139-406C-479C-AD90-809FA2A20131.jpeg

B1539119-85C8-4069-8753-143EDB1FF3F4.jpeg

• Like 1

On 30/05/2020 at 16:05, easytoslip said:

There are tonnes of videos on YouTube about photography

• Upvote 1

On 30/05/2020 at 22:22, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Prawns are bottom feeders... the lice or maggots of the sea

When you bite into one the juices you can taste are

1. Fish shit

2. Neptune's spunk

3. Radioactive sludge

4. Concentrated human effluent

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s about 4 miles down the road from me, outskirts of Wetherby.

if you squint into the distance, roughly in the middle on the horizon you can see the “cow and calf” rock formations in Ilkley.

Marvellous.

Looks really nice, I'm not familiar with the area but we used to go to Kirby Lonsdale, think it's miles from there?,stay in an old stone signalmans cottage or something, two hippies lived there, but it was great around there especially the viaduct on the Settle to Carlisle railroad which is fantastic so I wish I had photos of that.