You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pictures you've taken that you think are cool

JohnnyH

24 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Sounds like a lovely place.

They take over vast swaths of Winnipeg and they just waddle across the street at their own leisure. If you hit one on the ground driving the bus you get reprimanded and can be sacked if you didn’t either brake or try to avoid it safely- if it’s in the air it’s fair game. Co-worker hit one on the dedicated busway and it was flying, he said it came out of the tall grass prairie on the side of the busway and was being chased by another goose and had just gotten airborne and pow splat hit the lower windscreen. All buses have video and they reviewed it and it was an airborne goose so it was judged non-preventable.

They are a nuisance and a menace and when I walk home through parkland I avoid them or give them a wide birth.

Because of the pandemic the uni was basically a ghost town and they had taken over everywhere but the bus depot but the fuckers were always there hanging about and honking and hissing if you got out of the bus to use the shitter. Which sits right near to a fucking field with a stream so they like that terrain. 

They also flap and hiss if you honk the horn when they cross in front of you sometimes. For a large sized long

necked bird with a pea sized brain they are bold as fuck. And they walk everywhere they rarely fly, only fly when they are fighting with each other.

Attenborough needs to come and sort them out.

They were there before you mate. They are even named after the country. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They were there before you mate. They are even named after the country. 

Probably not as many of them as I imagine wolves and coyotes would raid their nests for eggs.

i think their only natural predator is the Canada Goose company for their down for the coats they make. 

oh the irony 

• Upvote 1

On 30/05/2020 at 22:22, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s was ace mate. Laid the flesh side of the fish on top of slices of lemon and parsley and clamped it inside a fish rack.

Cooked the prawns in butter, tonnes of garlic, some parsley and mushrooms, all in tin foil and thrown on the barbecue.

Tomato, chilli, Lime, coriander and sweetcorn salsa on the side.

i barbecue like a fucking god.

Anyway, here’s the river Ouse in York at sunset from a couple of weeks ago.

3C195218-9824-4DD9-AC5A-A8AD4A8493EB.jpeg

Class that.  Grew up on Ambrose street in York right beside it.  

• Upvote 1

Some random snaps from various hols. 

Romans in Split. I had to be cagey about taking this because they kept staring at me when I pointed the camera at them, like they weren't expecting it. Not the correct job if you're shy I'd say. 

20180821_163558.jpg

Schindler's factory in Krakow. 

20190218_114528.jpg

Nazi weaponry. 

20190219_110618.jpg

Sniper riffle some copper had left lying around on the roof near the finish line of the Tour De France. 

IMG_20170723_162642118.jpg

Lovely restaurant at Port Rush, NI. 

IMG_20170415_140807067.jpg

Laxey water wheel, one of my favourite places in the world, 

IMG_20161022_095201796.jpg

Ellis Island. My grandfather came here with just two dollars in his pocket. 

IMG_20160809_154542026.jpg

The Flat Iron, not very original but I feel I captured its lack of actual flatness. Thin Iron building I'd say is more appropriate. 

IMG_20160810_124837037.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

@Section_31 was Split good?

It's on my post-coronavirus to do list. Diocletian's Palace looks cool. As do the surrounding islands, Hvar etc. 

We were only there for a day mate but yeah it was beautiful. The palace and the open air market, plus the old town was really charming. The issue with Croatia is what you get with most places that are nice now  though it's simply the size of the crowds, if you're okay with that it's fine. 

My Eos 5d Mk iii arrived today. Of course that means the weather is shite so I can’t go and really try it out yet.

its the worst kind of dull blanket of light grey cloud here. Absolute nothingness.

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

@Section_31 was Split good?

It's on my post-coronavirus to do list. Diocletian's Palace looks cool. As do the surrounding islands, Hvar etc. 

Went to Brac last year, really beautiful great food and good selection of beer. Huge table sized pizzas.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My Eos 5d Mk iii arrived today. Of course that means the weather is shite so I can’t go and really try it out yet.

its the worst kind of dull blanket of light grey cloud here. Absolute nothingness.

So things you learn... turns out not all canon lenses fit all canon cameras.

i have 3 lenses for my old camera. The 18-55mm kit lens that came with it, a 50mm f1.4 USM prime lens that cost £400, and a 10-20mm wide angle zoom lens that cost about £350.

I assumed they’d be interchangeable, but no.

the prime lens is. Thankfully. The wide angle is semi compatible in that it fits the camera but can’t be used to its full extent and introduces a black circle round the image at its widest angle, and the kit lens doesn’t fit at all.

could be worse, as at least it’s the one I didn’t spend extra money on that’s of no use to me, but damn. Learn the hard and expensive way!! 

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yes mate taken from the rocks (obviously)

Lovely drive from Venice to get there. La Spezia looked a shit-hole though. 

Heaven on earth.

Took the old dear on a boat trip around all 5 of the 'lands' on her 70th. The place is even better from the sea looking back at it, isn't it.

Aye, spending time in La Spezia with all that so close by would be like going to Agra and hanging round a cafe toilet instead of going to the Taj.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Heaven on earth.

Took the old dear on a boat trip around all 5 of the 'lands' on her 70th. The place is even better from the sea looking back at it, isn't it.

Aye, spending time in La Spezia with all that so close by would be like going to Agra and hanging round a cafe toilet instead of going to the Taj.

Yeah just a beautiful part of the world.